TimeDomain: EpiCentre Support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EpiCentre

Hi, I like EpiCentre and it's definitely getting my vote (won't tell you how many points though :D).

But I came across some strange behavior today in Reaper that I don't remember seeing before:

http://i.imgur.com/z8LifcB.gif

It drops audio output once I select certain algorithms and if I use just the down arrow it eventually loses audio output for all of the algorithms.

Let me know if you need more info...

Thanks

Win 7 x64
Last edited by lachrimae on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

W7, using Reaper x64, I'm having the same issues appear. Was literally just getting ready to post about that.

Thanks for the information and the nice comments ;)

Wolfen666 wrote:...
[*]I got a very high volume increase with the Slurr algorithm and the Mix Mid knob, I wonder if it's normal...
Investigated this a bit further and I think in SLURR mode the MID MIX DRY/WET & SIDE MIX DRY/WET are flipped to WET/DRY. I think all other M/S knobs behave exactly opposite.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

lachrimae wrote:Hi, I like EpiCentre and it's definitely getting my vote (won't tell you how many points though :D).
Thanks!
lachrimae wrote: But I came across some strange behavior today in Reaper that I don't remember seeing before:

http://i.imgur.com/z8LifcB.gif

It drops audio output once I select certain algorithms and if I use just the down arrow it eventually loses audio output for all of the algorithms.

Let me know if you need more info...
I can't really tell if this is a bug or not becuase there is a fade in/out system when you switch algorithms to avoid clicks and CPU spikes. I have one question -> If you stop selecting effect types, does the volume return to normal after 1/2 a second or so?

Just to explain what's going on under the hood:
user switches -> ramp level down -> actual switch -> ramp level up. I actually made the fades longer than needed to make it obvious to the user and not be reported as a bug if there is a fast volume drop, that one bit me in the rear :oops:

In my case, I wasn't doing anything too special... Just went through a few modes, moved some knobs, then clicked on another mode (like 3rd or 4th on the list) and the audio just dropped. Tried selecting different modes and adjusting various settings (within the vst and daw) but nothing happened. It wasn't until I removed the vst that things went back to normal. Hmm...

Kontrast13 wrote:In my case, I wasn't doing anything too special... Just went through a few modes, moved some knobs, then clicked on another mode (like 3rd or 4th on the list) and the audio just dropped. Tried selecting different modes and adjusting various settings (within the vst and daw) but nothing happened. It wasn't until I removed the vst that things went back to normal. Hmm...
Think I'll stress test it via midi automation, to get to the bottom of this. The hardest thing about debugging is reproducing the problem.

Thanks for the detailed info Kontrast13.

Nice interface, thank you, Ichad C !

Kontrast13 wrote:In my case, I wasn't doing anything too special... Just went through a few modes, moved some knobs, then clicked on another mode (like 3rd or 4th on the list) and the audio just dropped. Tried selecting different modes and adjusting various settings (within the vst and daw) but nothing happened. It wasn't until I removed the vst that things went back to normal. Hmm...
Yep, that's the same behavior for me. I swapped algorithms quickly in the gif to keep it short but it wasn't a matter of the audio not having time to fade in. In order to get audio back I also had to delete the plug-in and add a new instance.

As a quick update, I used it multiple times today without any mishaps and also purposefully tried to get the same behavior to happen to troubleshoot but it was solid. How confusing.

Now that I think of it, I was only using it on rock songs today... but it was hip hop when the issue happened... maybe it just refused to process such music ;)

I once had a problem were the left or right channel got muted, but I could not reproduce it. And I was not sure if it was something I did wrong myself. :hihi:

Wolfen666 wrote: I got a very high volume increase with the Slurr algorithm and the Mix Mid knob, I wonder if it's normal
You were right about this one, seems like I was adding gain compensation to the dry signal as well :oops: Fixed in next release!

Kontrast13 wrote:As a quick update, I used it multiple times today without any mishaps and also purposefully tried to get the same behavior to happen to troubleshoot but it was solid. How confusing.

Now that I think of it, I was only using it on rock songs today... but it was hip hop when the issue happened... maybe it just refused to process such music ;)
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

sinkmusic wrote:Nice interface, thank you, Ichad C !
Thanks! And just for interest sake: EpiCentre was mainly inspired by the "spirit" of 70s/80s guitar pedals, but I did not want to limit it to just guitar stuff. Here's the evolution of the GUI:

In these versions - the meters don't work btw. Halma put a lot of work into this, leaving me to have more time to code.

This green & black design looks good too !

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”