King Collection data compression?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
King Collection

A non-audio thing I noticed..

The King Collection download is a 2.77GB .rar file, but the directory it contains unpacks to 5.21GB of .wav files.
I didnt think .wav could be compressed that much. Is that certain setting or something?
ImageImageImageImage

i would try this with EcolooP but i didn't succeed to download this... maybe layer !

It is perfectly possible to compress .wav files to about half the size using winrar/winzip, wouldn't worry about that. Personally, after downloading this, to save more hd space I've shrunken the files using a free tool named flicflac to .mp3s (http://www.sector-seven.net/software/flicflac ; flac also possible, hence the name :)).

But usually when packing a wav itll give far less than 50% compression.
I was wondering if there was some special setting that gave these results.
But now I see how it got so small;
Much of the pack is multi-track wavs that include LOTs of empty space and that packs much tighter. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

I believe the rar format is particularly good with audio as it has a few special routines for uncompressed multimedia files. IIRC it's one of the few places it beats 7zip's compression. Makes sense it'd do a good job if it's specifically looking for things like empty space in audio.

hi,

There's a problem for download your soundbank which Seem very interesting and supplied well

I would use it with my sampler payer EcolooP beacause there's some options for adapt the tempo and assemble several sound which result from various styles (pitch adaptater & time stretching).

I would download any soundbank of KVRDC14 and I would pull the quintessence of all of one for make an audio mix before the end of the challenge

But this is what I say when I tried to download this

Damage

Why do you not try Payloadz. There's less traffic and it is more pro !

I finally managed to download the packages in two steps...

Thanks for this sound. I have already made a selection of sample. Please use it with EcolooP ! :hug:

The drum loops alone is already worth the huge file download, imho. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWoGwQoEAvs

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”