The KVRDC14 results are out!!!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I expected that plugin to make it to the top due to the name behind it (that goes for the others as well), didn't expect it to be no. 1 though. Not my cup of tea, but ppl have spoken :)

Which shows to me once again that effects do make a difference - more than instruments themselves anyway. ITB is a weird world, indeed...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Happy to see at least one of my votes earning The Robot some funds

I voted for the synths, but no doubt the top three are worthy winners, well done and godspeed to them :tu:
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulations to the winners.
I am interested in the number of votes per winning plugins.
It's easy if you know how

Compyfox wrote:And what the funk is this comment?!
So what have we learned? Well, KVR members love an effect plugin! Including KVRDC14, the last three challenges have been won by effect plug-ins (If bootsie / Variety Of Sound had entered this year would he have made it three in a row? I bet everyone breathed a sigh of relief when the entries were published and he hadn't entered!).
I thought the challenge is about quality - so if Herbert / Variety of Sound would have entered a third time and won a third time in row... that would have been bad?

Tell you what... vladg (second half of TokyoDawn Labs) is once more in the top 3. And what was with DC2012? Yes - Proximity (a collaborative effort) also made second place. I'm sure next year it will be "will they be on second place again"?!

:roll:
You do get a bee in your bonnet easily don't you :roll:

The "I bet everyone breathed a sigh of relief" remark is a light-hearted quip meant to suggest the other devs may have been relieved that the past two times winner hadn't entered. It's not serious FFS :lol:

And Acon Digital is a Norwegian dev :o :party:

Take that söta bror, time to take down Propellerheads next :D

Maybe Ben, but this comment wasn't adjusted. And Herbert (VoS) and vladg/Fabien proved several times that their creations deserve a top spot considering the time they had to pull off the challenge.

I actually kind of guessed Christian Budde on the game again, this time with a "beta" of PluginAnalyzer v2, but sadly... didn't happen. But in turn, we got two(!) entries by WOK and another synth-thingy by xoxos.

The chorus is (IMO!) absolutely nothing special, and tools like Chorus LX from Togu Audio Line clearly blow that thing out of the water. It's just simple to control, easy to setup, while still sounding transparent and having a tad more control over the voices. I guess this was it's strong point. But it only got 2 points from me.

So winning the top spot is surprising and kind of strange compared to the other great entries (like I said: EpiCentre and Guitar Gadgets - yes, IgniteAmps is great but it's nothing I'd put into the top 3 - post DC2014 were further great free released in the amp section, so we're spoiled in that area!).

I'm definitely more ticked off by the comments towards Variety of Sound - meant light hearted or not.

Then there is absolutely no Synth Entry (Paraphrasis looked like an excellent concept) on the winners podium?!

And the iOS release winner just because it was "the first and only mobile app"?
Didn't happen last time with the first soundware entries.

Come to think of it... DC14 also has less sponsors this time around.
Maybe this shows that the DC is either too irregular, or too hyped.

I mean... the DC even got an own sub-board while all other steady running challenges on KVR (One Synth Challenge, Song Contest Challenge, Mix Challenge) do not.

Just my 2c. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Obviously, I'd like to see the full ranking :D

Wolfen666 wrote:Obviously, I'd like to see the full ranking :D
Me too! It was well ordered last time. Maybe if it's too much of a hassle, Ben can atleast send us our ranking in private(?)

Well I didn't win, no biggy dealy! But where did I end up that's the main question. :D
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Well, all personal opinions about who should have own and why that entry won and the other didn't aside, I think we have three worthy winners and lots of other excellent entries, I had great fun testing and playing with the plugs and can see myself using several of them in the future, so thanks again to all the developers!
I would have loved to give more than five votes, though.

jobromedia wrote:Well I didn't win, no biggy dealy! But where did I end up that's the main question. :D
However, your entry is actually useful.

Ain't them all? I'm glad that it went to Norway!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Congratulations to you all!

I'm also a bit surprised at the winners, but I guess everyone expects their own favorites to come out on top.

I don't get the dislike for Multiply though. It sounds good and has a couple of tricks up its sleeve that other choruses don't; it also has a clean, sharp-looking UI. I kind of wonder if it won on the strength of lots of voters giving it a couple of points, whereas people's picks for favorite just weren't unanimous?

Isn't it possible to see a complete ranking with the position of all plugs?
ImageImage

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”