KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:party: :phones: :tu: :love:

I'm stoked to see this happen again, Dev Challenge is imho the best thing ever come out of KVR! Past years have resulted in great plugins from some of the hottest devs today, as this contest allows for experimentation with new and strange concepts without worrying too much about commercial success. While I still use at least one plugin from every past DC (how cool is that!), a big part of the fun was testing all the entries.

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2016/

The donation counter appears broken, I already chipped in :o let's get this rolling so the devs get motivated!

Let's make KVR great again :hug:

I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry? If a mod that knows the answer can tell me via PM, it would really help me!

Otherwise, yeah, it's super exciting to see the KVR DC come back! I'm looking forward the upcoming entries, hopefully we'll get some cool new freebies and original plugins.

Yes! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SampleScience wrote:I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry?

How To Enter:

To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.

Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC16 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC16 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC16 go live date of December, 2016.

IZZWIKID!!!! :band2:

ere2learn wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry?

How To Enter:

To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.

Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC16 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC16 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC16 go live date of December, 2016.
I saw that, but when I ad the entry there's no place to upload the actual plugin. Maybe it's when you ad it to the database there's another form with upload access (I guess).

SampleScience wrote:
ere2learn wrote:

How To Enter:

I saw that, but when I ad the entry there's no place to upload the actual plugin. Maybe it's when you ad it to the database there's another form with upload access (I guess).
Not sure, but I think its up to the dev to host their own plugin.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
SampleScience wrote:
ere2learn wrote:

How To Enter:

Not sure, but I think its up to the dev to host their own plugin.
On the KVR DC page they say they'll host the files (unless I misread).

SampleScience wrote: On the KVR DC page they say they'll host the files (unless I misread).
No, you're correct. I just read this on the new product page of the Developer Dashboard:

"Ensure you choose the "2016" option from the drop-down list. This will mark this product as a KVRDC16 entry.

Files can be uploaded using the "Upload" buttons next to the appropriate OS Download fields - Please use the "Publicly Accessible Folder" options as the "Private Folder" option will only work for products available for sale in the KVR Marketplace.

Add the uploaded file(s) to the appropriate OS Direct Download field(s) using the appropriate "Add" button.

You can share the download link with your beta testers but please do not make it public or your entry will be disqualified."

I hope to see some (Maize Sampler Based) Acoustic Drums with multi out, some usefull Comp (with auto release), Parametric EQ or Channel Strip... Where's the braves? ;-)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
SampleScience wrote: On the KVR DC page they say they'll host the files (unless I misread).
No, you're correct. I just read this on the new product page of the Developer Dashboard:

"Ensure you choose the "2016" option from the drop-down list. This will mark this product as a KVRDC16 entry.

Files can be uploaded using the "Upload" buttons next to the appropriate OS Download fields - Please use the "Publicly Accessible Folder" options as the "Private Folder" option will only work for products available for sale in the KVR Marketplace.

Add the uploaded file(s) to the appropriate OS Direct Download field(s) using the appropriate "Add" button.

You can share the download link with your beta testers but please do not make it public or your entry will be disqualified."
Cool! They just added that (it wasn't there at first). :)

Turello wrote:I hope to see some (Maize Sampler Based) Acoustic Drums with multi out, some usefull Comp (with auto release), Parametric EQ or Channel Strip... Where's the braves? ;-)
Channel strip in an actual vertical stip layout with foldable sections, frequency analyzer and loudness metering is still missing from this world :tu:

That said, I'm hoping for more leftfield, creative or special things in general than comps, EQs and analog emulation synths.

I'd like to enter with something we've been working on for a while, and can probably get done by the deadline if we delay working on some other stuff. But I'd like to get some clarification on the "no public development" rule - I've already mentioned this on a couple of other forums and Twitter, with no real specifics as to how it works (because there's also a non-disclosure agreement involved when it comes to that) and no audio previews, GUI shots or anything of that sort published yet. But I have described what we want to do, and also given vague progress reports and a few hints as to what kind of sounds it wil be capable of.

Is that OK, or have we already done something that would fall under public development and get disqualified?

Where's the semi-modular synths! It's okay I won't be disappointed if there are none.

camsr wrote:semi-modular
Ach - those are 10 a penny now :lol:

My favourite thing about the DC are the off-the-wall oddball plugins. I confess that I'm hoping someone will make a Voder emulation though :)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”