AXP SoftAmp PSA x64

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SoftAmp PSA

AXP wrote:
Dominus wrote:Another winner, and the "PSI Denoiser" section works *really* nice. I've been experimenting with just that section enabled as the first in my plugin chain and it might become my go to just for that on every guitar track.

You might be able to make a little extra money selling that on its own. :D
Thanks!
I'm going to release it as a separate plugin. It also needs some more work I couldn't do on time before the deadline. And it's going to be free, I don't feel it's appropriate to charge for a model of commercial hardware unit.
True, I meant via donations. There's plenty of amp sim users that would hopefully be appreciative of your efforts.

I'm still using Flextron, BTW. :D
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Hi Alexander

The latest update 1.0.0.0.2 :clown: seems to fix the strange stereo offset :hyper: :tu:

But not the GUI issue in FLStudio 8) :lol: ( I was not expecting that at all TBH )

Thank you ! :hug:

AXP wrote:[

It could be argued that impulse response and EQ are essentially the same thing from the mathematical perspective...
Essentially yes, but doesn't an impulse response also capture the dimension of time, apart from the frequency at a given moment? I was under the impression that an impulse response also has some kind of unique decay, which adds to the authenticity?

Either way, you have my vote! :tu:
Eleventh wrote:...none of that nasty comb filtering that is present in so many impulse responses. :tu: :tu:
Maybe this is exactly the characteristic of impulse responses that I like so much :lol:

AXP wrote: It could be argued that impulse response and EQ are essentially the same thing from the mathematical perspective...
Essentially yes, but doesn't an impulse response also capture the dimension of time, apart from the frequency at a given moment (eg the decay of volume in a speaker cabinet)?

Either way, you have my vote! :tu:
Eleventh wrote:...none of that nasty comb filtering that is present in so many impulse responses. :tu: :tu:
Maybe this is exactly the characteristic of impulse responses that I like so much :lol:

alone emulation of possibly the best hardware noise gate on the market is worth a place on the podium IMO.
with a really cool compressor aaand one of my favourite distortions i kinda regret letting go in physical form
i can but :hail: :hail: :hail:
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

I never used the actual hardware noise gate, but a fellow of mine mentioned, that the "filter" part of this circuit is missing? Can anybody confirm this?

Not that it matters in it's current form. Just out of curiosity.

Also, it still feels that the amp sounds "thinned out" with custom cabinets like TwoNotes Torpedo or Audified Multicabinet. Maybe I should use an Ampeg or Gallien Krüger Bass cabinet rather than the usual 4x12 suspects?

Turning up the built in cabinet "blend" feature sound feels like it has way more lowend (I did try it with the Marge & Lasso Metal Guitar DI tracks, and PSA-1 with that setup can sound absolutely brutal in direct comparison to tube amp clones like from Ignite Amps and Engl cabinets)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

the gate seems to model the one knob stombox version of hardware. the filter is in ProRack version.
i use PSA for guitar with Engl cabinet impulses and for bass without cab emu. with bass it can provide crushing lows :)
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

Are you using GodsCab or something else? I really tried using Torpedo WoS-III with various cabinets, and the sound post PSA (shape/roll-off completely dialed back) "thinned out" for me. I was thinking "maybe you're doing it wrong". But WoS-III Is pretty much fool proof.

Just to check my sanity.

Thanks for the clarification with the "gate"... definitely did not know that. Now it makes so much more sense.

Also:
Completely overlooked that AXP answered to my Q on page 1. Definitely looking forward to your mail response. But there is no rush. I only thought "maybe it got lost"... apparently it didn't.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Red Wirez impulse with a Royer mic. excuse the inept playing just as i ready myself for work :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/428 ... ickPSA.mp3

i actually like to dime the 'shape' knob as it brings in some cheerful mid scoop ;)

Hi Alexander, you're probably not reading this, but I just want to know,...

Any news on this (my) GUI issue ?
AXP wrote: And thanks for spotting the UI issue in FLStudio. I don't have the capacity to test all hosts myself, so it's definitely a very valuable finding.

Contacted him last night and also forwarded him to KVR as well.

I'm kind of worried with the radio silence towards my last mail from months back...

Has anyone heard of Alexander?
I've mailed him a couple of times, I wrote on his page... no response.

Seriously, has anyone heard from the dev?

@Compyfox - What are "Marge & Lasso Metal Guitar DI tracks"? Can't find anything via a Google search. Thanks!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Try google again: "Lasse & Mago"

Plenty of links

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”