DC16 Dissapointment

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was over all dissapointed with this years developer challenge. Firstly there were some developers who were only supporting 64bit with their entries, and some just seemed to be not compatable with ableton live 8 suite. I did however find Bitsonic's Sound recovery to be one of the best and most useful DC entries of all time. This is a really good tool for improving audio quality of sound files. It got my vote for first place, however sadly most people disagreed with my choice.

barrybitter wrote:Firstly there were some developers who were only supporting 64bit with their entries
How many exactly, almost everything 64-bit was 32-bit as well. In fact 64-bit plugins were absolutely in the minority, there were barely enough to cover the five votes. There were a damn sight more developers who were only supporting 32bit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
barrybitter wrote:Firstly there were some developers who were only supporting 64bit with their entries
How many exactly, almost everything 64-bit was 32-bit as well. In fact 64-bit plugins were absolutely in the minority, there were barely enough to cover the five votes. There were a damn sight more developers who were only supporting 32bit.

I have just re-downloaded all plugins for DC16 (except non Vsti/fx), and will retry them later when I have time and let you know exactly what does work for me.

Hi,
I'll admit that the requirement for 32 bit plugins surprised me.

When I found out there was a need, I added a 32 bit version to Lagrange which is now in the zip.
I will be supporting 32 bit on Windows for all future plugins from Ursa DSP.

HTH,
Dave

Perambulum wrote:Hi,
I'll admit that the requirement for 32 bit plugins surprised me.

When I found out there was a need, I added a 32 bit version to Lagrange which is now in the zip.
I will be supporting 32 bit on Windows for all future plugins from Ursa DSP.

HTH,
Dave
Thanks I appreciate that Dave, it's a shame though as I might of voted you first place if I had been able to try the plugin before the end of the DC16 closing. Anyway I will try this plugin now and give some feedback when I've tried it.

Infact I find this DC as one of the best DCs. Because many entries supported 64 bit. There were very cool Vsts like The Qyooo (Feature Packed), Lagrange, Spaceship Delay, Roth Air, Youlean Loundness Meter etc.
There were some innovative stuffs like SnareBuzz (Thats one awesome tool for realistic snares), Devicer, Lord of the springs etc.
Not to forget Marie Ork which is the first Voice bank in DC.
Overall, its great to see new developers doing well. Also someone like Full Bucket (Made awesome sounding synths like Mono Fury) delivering a powerful synth.
The fact is, we are getting it for free. And many of the developers are new and imo, have done a great job. Its not necessary to bash them saying this was a disappointment.
If you want next DC to be a better one you can say "Well done" to the developers and say "May you make even more awesome things in the future". That encourages them. If somebody complains, new developers will hesitate to make new stuffs.

Thanks.
Paree
:)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

32 bit is dead

Long live 33 bit !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Long live 33 bit !
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”