[DC18] Flutterbird

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Flutterbird

Simple, but nice Flutter plugin.

Works great.

ty ty !

Is volume the controls for tremolo, or for a string of effects as horizontal ....

could use some presets, but a fun time had for clowns! :clown:
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

The volume controls act as a tremolo, yes.

Sounds great!

One Q though: is noticeable latency normal?

The more pitch modulation you apply, the more latency you'll get. That's inherent with any chorus effect. This is because in order to speed up and slow down time, you have to go back in time a bit; otherwise you would have to know what the audio will sound like in the future.

Love this effect. Simple but effective.

Agreed, excellent plug.

I love this plugin ! Thank you very much ! Simple, but there for a good reason : we do need it ! I've been looking for one for ages, and this one is more than perfect. I think this will be my 5*.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

This is a great plugin! A lot of different sounds can be made. Thanks again for this. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

This is great! I spent more time tweaking it than I thought... :tu:
It is simple and possibly just modulated delays, but I like the clean sound.
Really good on vocals and pads with subtle settings. :love:

As I see the algorithm itself has 2 sample latency, even when everything is on minimum. Since dry signal has no delay, using the mix knob results in a kind of phasing effect. I did not check, but same presets may not sound the same on different sample rates. :wink:

Also, panning possibilities could take it to a next level. Not sure DC rules allow new features, but maybe later...

5 points from me :clap:
eben guba

siraso wrote:This is great! I spent more time tweaking it than I thought... :tu:
It is simple and possibly just modulated delays, but I like the clean sound.
Really good on vocals and pads with subtle settings. :love:

As I see the algorithm itself has 2 sample latency, even when everything is on minimum. Since dry signal has no delay, using the mix knob results in a kind of phasing effect. I did not check, but same presets may not sound the same on different sample rates. :wink:

Also, panning possibilities could take it to a next level. Not sure DC rules allow new features, but maybe later...

5 points from me :clap:
I do remember adding some extra latency for "safety" (I was having some bugs with the playback position getting too far ahead and looping back around to the beginning of the buffer), but I hadn't considered how that would create phasing. It's something I will definitely look into after the competition is over. Thanks for the heads up!

siraso wrote: As I see the algorithm itself has 2 sample latency, even when everything is on minimum. Since dry signal has no delay, using the mix knob results in a kind of phasing effect.
Yeah, that's the only downside to this plug...

Still it's an awesome entry. And I agree with you, seperate panning would be excellent. :tu:

Yes ! Panning please...

Excellent plugin anyway, my five stars...

should i make some audio previews for flutterbird?

pros:
- you can hear what it does

cons:
- i think it's pretty self-explanatory anyway?
- i'm lazy

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”