Samplesphere - Inspire CC

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
DJErmac
KVRian
651 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:16 pm

KVR Developer Challenge 2018 entry.

Inspire CC is a stereo or multi out sample based synth with four channels, each having its own sound source, controls and options. Although designed primarily to produce rich pads Inspire CC is capable of shorter sounds such as bass and other hard attack sounds.

I'm totally unrelated to the developer, but I've just tried the plugin and really liked what I've heard, and saw there is no thread yet, so here it comes.

Judging from the default preset bank, what you get is a pure pad synth. The pads are quite complex, very usable, and they sound good. The bad points are : the global sound is not the best I've heard (only needs global EQing imo, so no real problem here), and please note that... the plugin is... (yes, yes, you see it coming...) 32 bit only... :scared: But it works great with JBridge in Cubase 9.5.

Russell Grand
KVRAF
1544 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Samplesphere - Inspire CC

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, I really dig this synth. It's like a long-lost previously unreleased H.G. Fortune synth IMO.

SparkySpark
KVRian
1325 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:18 am

Russell Grand wrote:Yeah, I really dig this synth. It's like a long-lost previously unreleased H.G. Fortune synth IMO.
Not a fan of the 32 bit but it has already been said. The ref to HG Fortune re-got my intetest.

I listened to the sound demos but they all sounded like the same pad almost after a while. Is that the case or is it just the demo examples?
https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer- ... dc18-15045
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

barrybitter
KVRist
472 posts since 12 Nov, 2008 from God's County

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:35 am

Could not vote on this as some of the installation files are corrupt.

Samplesphere
KVRist
44 posts since 13 Nov, 2011 from UK

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am

barrybitter wrote:Could not vote on this as some of the installation files are corrupt.
I've downloaded the current version and it installs and runs fine.

It might be worth downloading it again. But that's up to you.
ImageSamplesphere

Samplesphere
KVRist

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 am

SparkySpark wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:Yeah, I really dig this synth. It's like a long-lost previously unreleased H.G. Fortune synth IMO.
Not a fan of the 32 bit but it has already been said. The ref to HG Fortune re-got my intetest.

I listened to the sound demos but they all sounded like the same pad almost after a while. Is that the case or is it just the demo examples?
No, they're most definately not all the same pad sound. I didn't have time to come up with different compositions for each preset audio demo, so it may be just that there are only two compositions playing over and over. I hope you'll try it out and hear for yourself.
ImageSamplesphere

Russell Grand
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Samplesphere wrote: I've downloaded the current version and it installs and runs fine.
Yep, I had no installation issues here.

Russell Grand
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:30 pm

SparkySpark wrote:

Nice pads, changeable GUI colors, try it out.

SparkySpark
KVRian
1325 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Samplesphere wrote: No, they're most definately not all the same pad sound. I didn't have time to come up with different compositions for each preset audio demo, so it may be just that there are only two compositions playing over and over. I hope you'll try it out and hear for yourself.
Ok thanks. I understand the composition (which is nice btw) is used over and over, but the examples pad sound sounds like it is the same used with just a tiny bit of layering on top of it.

Perhaps you could post the same melody but with another pad? If people listen to the fifteen or so demo examples, the sure will be put off because of the similarities. It is a real shame, because the only pad sound I hear sounds delicious.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

chaosWyrM
KVRAF
1727 posts since 29 Apr, 2010 from NYC

Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:25 pm

this really is like a long lost hg fortune synth...that was my immediate thought when i started using it.

as has been mentioned though...it all sounds kind of the same. i really really want to like this, but no matter how many times i click that random button or even manually change things....it just sounds pretty much the same.

maybe an update with some more variations in sound would help. its a great concept, and its really nice to play with something so similar to an hgf synth...but....it falls a bit short on sound for me.
ImageImageImage

Samplesphere
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:20 am

Have others experienced issues with Inspire CC similar to harryupbabble?

harryupbabble said:

"I would love Inspire CC if not for two main problems. On my computer, it's a CPU hog and changing presets in Inspire CC crashes itself".

I myself use Cubase and still run my system, out of choice, on Windows XP Pro and have had no such issues.
ImageSamplesphere

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2018”