Phuturetone GR-8

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GR-8

Just started to try this one out.

Many of the presets are silent. Reason seems to in Distortion FX settings. If type is set to Satur and Mix to 100.0, there is no output from the synth.

subterfuge wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:35 pm Just started to try this one out.

Many of the presets are silent. Reason seems to in Distortion FX settings. If type is set to Satur and Mix to 100.0, there is no output from the synth.
Hi subterfuge,

Thank you for reporting the bug. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce it on my Intel CPU machine. The Saturation mode works in the latest Reaper both on Win10 and macOS. Do you have Intel or AMD CPU?

However, there were few minor problems that I fixed in the Saturation module. I would be grateful if you could try this version and tell me if the saturation works on your machine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yzts8wkoefz7 ... p.exe?dl=0

Thank you,
Sasha

Reaper v6.30, Intel i7, Win10. With the version you provided above, saturation works fine, no output problems. Thanks for the quick response Sasha.

Version 1.0.1 of GR-8 is available for PC and Mac:
  • Fixed silent Saturation mode on Distortion. All the presets using it were silent too.
  • Fixed Pitch Bender returning to zero when controlled via MIDI.
  • Updated About screen.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/gr-8-b ... /downloads

Thank you all for reporting and help with testing. You've been wonderful!

Congratulations, Phuturetone, your synth looks very good!

I'm surprised : on the product page, it says it's "made with Synthedit", but I thought SE could not create Mac plugins?

Thanks for this instrument, really enjoy it's deceptively simple layout. The xmod is great fun to play with, some really gnarly sounds in there. :)

sinkmusic wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:04 pm Congratulations, Phuturetone, your synth looks very good!

I'm surprised : on the product page, it says it's "made with Synthedit", but I thought SE could not create Mac plugins?
Thanks, Sinkmusic!

SynthEdit app works on Windows only, but it can export VST for PC and AudioUnit for Mac. Not sure for how long the export for Mac was there, but that feature got me back to SynthEdit last year, after a long pause.

GaryG wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:12 pm Thanks for this instrument, really enjoy it's deceptively simple layout. The xmod is great fun to play with, some really gnarly sounds in there. :)
Thanks, Gary! I had a lot of fun with XMod before making the preset system, I regret not being able to save the sounds. Also haven't exploited the Chord voice mode as much as I wanted in presets.

Thanks for the update. Everything seems to be working correctly now. I am really liking your entry and also surprised to see that it is a SynthEdit synth. Nice work!

I really love this one !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Looks beautiful. On the negative side, I didn't like the sound of the reverb when I tried it out.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Looks gorgeous. Haven't had time to try it out yet.

The midi learn assignement is not saved...when I change the preset, I have to start again

This is killer and has potential to be one of the best freeware synths. I like the simplicity of it and the nice FX.

However it crashes when Reason does its plugin scan. I'm using the Polac VST3 loader as a bridge for VST3 plugins. But it works fine using it inside Kushview Element or Metaplugin.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Clem4 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:21 am The midi learn assignement is not saved...when I change the preset, I have to start again
Hi Clem4,

My apologies about that, hope you didn't make assignments for all of the controls. I've added this warning about the MIDI assignment on the product page:

Caution: Each preset has its own MIDI assignment. If you make a MIDI assignment you need to save the preset. Otherwise, the MIDI assignment you've made will be lost as soon you change the preset. If you want to make your own presets with the same MIDI assignments, you can do it by assigning MIDI controls to the Initial preset, saving a copy of it, and using it as a template for your sounds.

I will try to come with some standard mapping for all the controls and update the factory presets with it.

Sorry again,
Sasha

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”