Sylenth1 for LogicPro X + new M1 Apple chips

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,
Just for info, did someone had the opportunity to evaluate Sylenth1 with new Apple MacBook M1 chips ?? Is Rosetta2 handling the ARM to Intel conversion well ?? Any performance issue ? But before all, is Sylenth1 simply running on M1 ?
Thank you !
C.

Yes, we have tested Sylenth1 on Apple M1 on Big Sur and it runs smoothly and without issues because of Rosetta.

We will be working on a native ARM version as well, which will speed up things some more, but it already works quite well at this point.

Lennard wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:31 pm Yes, we have tested Sylenth1 on Apple M1 on Big Sur and it runs smoothly and without issues because of Rosetta.

We will be working on a native ARM version as well, which will speed up things some more, but it already works quite well at this point.
It does! I'm quite surprised by how well it's been running. Rosetta 2 has proven far superior to my experience with Rosetta 1 back in 2006.

Lennard wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:31 pm Yes, we have tested Sylenth1 on Apple M1 on Big Sur and it runs smoothly and without issues because of Rosetta.

Will the Native-ARM-Version Plugin „replace“ the x86 one, if i load up a Song in Logic?
Or do i have to replace the Plugin manually? (Open a Song, Save all Sylenth1 presets, unload the old Plugin, load the new ARM-Version and also the Preset?)

BTW, thank you for that amazing Synth!
English is not my native language ...

It will simply replace the old one, so you won't have to do anything manually.

Any progress on the native build?

English is not my native language ...

Doing VST3 at the same time? ;)

Awesome you are building a native app. Hope we see it soon.

Any more news on the native update Lennard?

Bump for this. Any more news on a native version for Apple silicon?

adding myself to the list of people waiting for it

+1

Return to “LennarDigital”