HELP!! You have reached the machine activation limit!

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,

I have bought the Sylenth1 License a few years a go.
I had several laptops/computers trough out the years, and now I can't license my Sylenth. First I have to deactivate the others, but there are no computers/ laptops left with the license on it.

What to do??

--- EDIT: Answer from LennarDigital ---
Just follow these instructions:
https://www.lennardigital.com/support/l ... ?display=5 (https://www.lennardigital.com/support/license.php?display=5)

@ LennerDigital. Can I deactivate my license from an external computer??

Since it's pretty obvious that you need the help of Lennardigital, I'm sure it will be indefinitely quicker just to shoot them an email.

Good chance they're not reading this, or only after a while (if you're lucky).

JakeSafari wrote:@ LennerDigital. Can I deactivate my license from an external computer??
I believe you can only do that in the computer where the license resides. And the activation limit was started only in the current version. Previous versions didn't have a limit.
Fernando (FMR)

Posting this in the LennarDigital forum section might have at least increased your chances :wink:

fmr wrote:
JakeSafari wrote:@ LennerDigital. Can I deactivate my license from an external computer??
I believe you can only do that in the computer where the license resides. And the activation limit was started only in the current version. Previous versions didn't have a limit.
OK you can see how introducing a limit after having no limit can lead to this sort of problem emerging, up till now no one would have bothered about deactivating old licenses so the number of activated (and potentially inaccessible) machines would have built up. Completely dumb to introduce something like this now.

db3 wrote:Posting this in the LennarDigital forum section might have at least increased your chances :wink:
mod edit - moved to Lennar forum!

edit, ah i see, it's like waves or overloud where you have manual control over activation.. i don't mind that at all if they can be moved. so theoretically there IS no limit other than 2 machines simultaneously. :)
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

This thread just saved me from spending my money on Sylenth. The sale was tempting, but I'll stick with other options without the CR activation.

EDIT: I just checked LennarDigital and didn't see anything about new activation procedures. The support section on registering still shows using the ".dat" file. Can anyone confirm if the new downloads require CR activation?

Ciberithm wrote:This thread just saved me from spending my money on Sylenth. The sale was tempting, but I'll stick with other options without the CR activation.

EDIT: I just checked LennarDigital and didn't see anything about new activation procedures. The support section on registering still shows using the ".dat" file. Can anyone confirm if the new downloads require CR activation?
I just noticed when I installed it on Mac OS (the new v3 version). I e-mailed them to be sure about it, and here is the answer I received then (in September):

"Sylenth1 can be used simultaneously on two machines. So it’s possible to install it on 3 but you’d need to deactivate on of them if you would be changing machines. (De)activation is just 2 clicks so that shouldn’t take too much time.
But for now the V2.21 for Windows works differently, without any activation. The V3.0 update for Windows should be available within the next two months."

v3 isn't available yet for Windows, so, for the time being, the activation is an issue only for Mac users, and only for those that already downloaded v3. But the activation is hassle free. Shouldn't prevent you from buying and using Sylenth1.
Fernando (FMR)

It seems there are some misunderstandings about our new activation procedure, so I'll explain some things:

1. The activation system was introduced only since v3.0 on Mac (and within the next few weeks available on Windows too!), so it's only the computers you activated v3.0 on that count, not the older version of Sylenth1!

2. To activate a computer, just enter your activation code when Sylenth1 starts. To deactivate a computer, just click MENU -> Deactivate. That's it.

3. You can have Sylenth1 activated on 2 computers at the same time. After deactivating these 2, you can activate 2 new computers, so you'll always be able to transfer Sylenth1 to your new machines.

4. If you already deleted or uninstalled Sylenth1, or even completely wiped your computer but forgot to deactivate before doing so, you can simply re-install Sylenth1, activate it (this will work since the computer is already registered as active), then deactivate it to register the deactivation.

5. You'll need to have your computer connected to the internet to activate and deactivate Sylenth1.

Hi, With regard to item 2, I don't remember doing that on my mac, I had to transfer my License.dat, is that equivalent or is my memory faulty :-)

Also would be nice if you could remotely deactivate an activation. Suppose a computer is stolen for instance?

rsp

file
Lennard wrote:It seems there are some misunderstandings about our new activation procedure, so I'll explain some things:

1. The activation system was introduced only since v3.0 on Mac (and within the next few weeks available on Windows too!), so it's only the computers you activated v3.0 on that count, not the older version of Sylenth1!

2. To activate a computer, just enter your activation code when Sylenth1 starts. To deactivate a computer, just click MENU -> Deactivate. That's it.

3. You can have Sylenth1 activated on 2 computers at the same time. After deactivating these 2, you can activate 2 new computers, so you'll always be able to transfer Sylenth1 to your new machines.

4. If you already deleted or uninstalled Sylenth1, or even completely wiped your computer but forgot to deactivate before doing so, you can simply re-install Sylenth1, activate it (this will work since the computer is already registered as active), then deactivate it to register the deactivation.

5. You'll need to have your computer connected to the internet to activate and deactivate Sylenth1.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Hi, With regard to item 2, I don't remember doing that on my mac, I had to transfer my License.dat, is that equivalent or is my memory faulty :-)
Sylenth1 v3.0 will check if there's an old license.dat file already installed on your computer and it'll ask to activate using that.
zvenx wrote:Also would be nice if you could remotely deactivate an activation. Suppose a computer is stolen for instance?
We're planning on adding such option soon.

Lennard wrote:
zvenx wrote:Hi, With regard to item 2, I don't remember doing that on my mac, I had to transfer my License.dat, is that equivalent or is my memory faulty :-)
Sylenth1 v3.0 will check if there's an old license.dat file already installed on your computer and it'll ask to activate using that.
zvenx wrote:Also would be nice if you could remotely deactivate an activation. Suppose a computer is stolen for instance?
We're planning on adding such option soon.

Fantastic. And Nice to hear from you directly.
rsp
sound sculptist

Do changing the hard disk (after a failure for example) count for a new activation?

Return to “LennarDigital”