Error loading Sylenth1 settings file

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I just purchased Sylenth1 and installed the 64-bit version on Windows 10 64-bit machine. Successfully registered it (by Run as Administrator) and loaded it in Fruit Loops 12 64-bit version. But when I open Fruit Loops normally, not as an Administrator, and open the Sylenth1 plugin, I get a message "Error loading Sylenth1 settings file (file not found): C:\Program Files (x86)\Config\Settings.xml. Please re-install Sylenth1." I think x86 is the 32-bit folder, so I don't understand. I don't really want to have to run Fruit Loops as Administrator every time. Hope you can help!

Thanks, Ace Tonez

Hi,

You've installed the Sylenth1 data folder in your Program Files (x86) directory. The Sylenth1 installer warned you about this, because Windows by default blocks access to the Program Files folders. You should install the Sylenth1 data folder in a location where you have full access, such as your user Documents folder.

If you really insist in using the Program Files location, then you should make sure to add full access permissions to the Sylenth1 data folder in Windows, or always run FL Studio as administrator.

Thanks - but I did actually put the data folder in my users documents folder as suggested in your instructions. However, your message prompted me to open the Registry Editor and the DataPath was set to C:\Program Files (x86). I changed it to point to the right location, and all is good.

Regards, Ace Tonez

Can you say how you put the Datapath into the personal file manager? I have the same problem but i dont know how i can do it that FL detect the plugin?

Open Windows Start menu, type "regedit", and click on the registry editor, open HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/LennarDigital/Sylenth1, and double click on the DataPath key, and change it to the desired path to your Sylenth1 data folder on your hard drive.

Return to “LennarDigital”