Navigation through the presets

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lennard wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 am
surreal wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:44 am Does the oversampling option also improve the reverb algorithm. . That is the only issue with Sylenth1 I really find is the reverb can be quite metalic in certain senarios which is fine for EDM but I want to create more ambient and chillwave presets.. what are the future plans for Sylenth1 and do you have more tips and tricks for us to try with the settings file?
Yes it does improve the reverb too. But it's generally a better idea to use a dedicated high quality external reverb plugin and put it on a single reverb channel. Then route (aux send) any channel in your track you want reverb on through the reverb channel at a certain level (creating dry/wet level for each channel).
That way your CPU needs to run only 1 reverb for all your synths/instruments/drums/etc. You can of course use more than 1 reverb channel if you want different reverb types, but still that would be a better solution than using internal (or external) reverbs on every single synth/instrument/channel.

I think most options in the settings file speak for themselves, but if you have any questions about them just let me know.
Does this higher resolution take a bit of the bass frequencies away.. the older Sylenth1 engine seemed to have more "grit" in the bass and a fuller bass reponse... or is that just a placebo response because the higher frequencies seem to shimmer more which is really Nice, even Sylenth1 the older engines sound was always pleasant to my ears!

Thank your for your Reply Lennard, I will definitely get back to you if I have any further questions.. for now I am just testing and tweakimg preset learning how to roll my own.. what I really want to learn is the PWM trick and how to "Fake" a hardsync sound because there is no Osc Hardsync present in Sylenth. I still love Sylenth even after 10 years of owning my copy

Return to “LennarDigital”