How do I set the voice number correctly?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just purchased Sylenth after starting the D Ramirez course on Synthesisers over at Fader Pro which uses Sylenth for most of its examples.

However, I am getting extremely frustrated that many settings seemingly can't be changed despite the manual saying they can be. I eventually worked out that the input box for Polyphony can't be overtyped but instead the mouse has to be dragged

I am running Sylenth 1 version 3.067 64-bit VST 2 inside Ableton Live 11 Studio on a Windows PC running the latest version of Windows 10.

I am trying to set the Voices shown at the top of the synth to "1/8" as shown in the course Initially this just displayed "0" and then I did something (no idea what) that caused the "/8" to appear. If I drag the mouse across the Voices in the lower section of the UI so tht it changes from 1 to 2, 4, 8 etc then I can get the n on the top lower to change from 8 to 16, 32, 64 etc (ie changing the lower section Voices seems to apply a multiplication factor x 8 to the upper value to the right of the /" but I can't see any way to change the number before the / from 0 to something else (eg I need 1 to follow along with the course examples).

I've also noticed that the Fader Pro course (running on a Mac) has a bar above the main synth with a large Power button and then to the right of it a reset drop down list, buttons labelled "<", ">", Compare", "Cut","Paste" etc. Why do I not have this additional top bar on my plugin? Is there a way to display it?
Last edited by IanOnFilm on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the info and prompt response. Good to know about the Logic Pro vs Ableton differences.

I eventually worked out the mouse drag thing but am now stuck trying to get the voices changed. My Polyphony is set to 8 and Voices to "1" but that then causes Voices to be set to "0/8" not the "1/8" the course version is displaying.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah. It does indeed. Thank you!

yeah the old way where you just left click and choose one was way easier
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Return to “LennarDigital”