Error installing my bought preset banks: "saved with a higher version"

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am in the process of re-installing my whole system (OSX 10.15.5)
So i downloaded and installed Synthmaster 2.9.8 from my KV331 account.
Then i installed all my bought preset banks within Synthmaster.
Now i get error "saved with higher version" for some of my preset banks and they can't be installed.

I am confused, anybody to the rescue ?

Are you sure the ones it's flagging aren't for Synthmaster One? I got the same error and tracked it down to two (NatLife and a BT one) that had crept into the Synthmaster folder but were really for One.

Hi and many thx for helping me.

Wow, that's it !
Indeed, i got the error for those same 2 Synthmaster preset banks (Natlife and BT Club).
I moved them out of synthmaster presets folder to synthmaster one folder.
Works: no more flagging !

You are a Hero mate !

Thx. I just saw it and thought "I've seen that movie before."

I think there might be something up with the installer or the plugin when it does a sync so it picks up those libraries in the account by mistake. I wasn't sure when it happened to me - might have been a brainfart - but if it's happening more widely...

Yeah, KV331 should fix this IMO..
Thx again mate and gave a great weekend !

vanhaze4000 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:44 am Yeah, KV331 should fix this IMO..
Those are expansions for SynthMaster One. We will fix this issue very soon on our SynthMaster 2.9.9 update. Sorry for the issue.

Hi and no need to say sorry :0)
Thank you for your support !

Gercek_KV331 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 pm
Those are expansions for SynthMaster One. We will fix this issue very soon on our SynthMaster 2.9.9 update. Sorry for the issue.
Why is this taking so long to fix?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Sorry about that our developers working on it.

Any update on this, it requires A LOT of 'OK' button clicking to actually install this plugin and the extensions now just to get past all of the error messages? Not the best customer experience!

Gercek_KV331 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:36 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Sorry about that our developers working on it.
I realise you are working on a major point update but can't the browser downloads fix be released as a hotfix at least so it only shows content for the appropriate plugin in the browser and so I can install Synthmaster content without accidentally installing Synthmaster One content?

I just upgraded to Synthmaster 2.9 Rev. 12532 and whenever I try to load it as a 64 bit plugin I receive the this error
Screenshot 2022-04-27 132211.png
and then it crashes my Ableton Live (every time). It works fine as a standalone, by the way.

Also, I just tried loading SM Player and it prompts me to upgrade, to 2.9.12 Rev 12532 too, but now I'm wary of doing so. Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MGC: Michael

I just noticed the update is synthmasterwindowssetup.zip whereas I'm using synthmaster29windowssetup.29. I installed it presuming the program suggested it as an upgrade for itself. Now I'm wondering!

mgc2865 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:57 am I just upgraded to Synthmaster 2.9 Rev. 12532 and whenever I try to load it as a 64 bit plugin I receive the this error

Screenshot 2022-04-27 132211.png

and then it crashes my Ableton Live (every time). It works fine as a standalone, by the way.

Also, I just tried loading SM Player and it prompts me to upgrade, to 2.9.12 Rev 12532 too, but now I'm wary of doing so. Any suggestions?
You either didn't install the vst2 dll (so that you have an older version stuck in your system), or you have multiple version of the vst2 dll and your DAW is scanning the older version.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thank you for responding! I just followed the link and did the installation. I wasn't aware of having to install something else somewhere else. :/ In the meantime, I uninstalled this version and restored the previous working version.

Return to “KV331 Audio”