SynthMaster 2.9.9

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Severin-mix wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:28 am Cubase 10.5 Win 7
That is, the version of synthmaster 2.9.8 will open the presets saved in 2.9.9?
It just happened so, I put an update, opened the projects, then closed and saved ones, that's all.
I didn't specifically save the presets not in the DAW not in the synthmaster, I never did that.

When I deleted the update and returned 2.9.8, sweet dreams was playing.... :(
Sorry but you can not open 2.9.9 presets on SM 2.9.8.

Gercek_KV331 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:57 pm
Severin-mix wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:28 am Cubase 10.5 Win 7
That is, the version of synthmaster 2.9.8 will open the presets saved in 2.9.9?
It just happened so, I put an update, opened the projects, then closed and saved ones, that's all.
I didn't specifically save the presets not in the DAW not in the synthmaster, I never did that.

When I deleted the update and returned 2.9.8, sweet dreams was playing.... :(
Sorry but you can not open 2.9.9 presets on SM 2.9.8.
Thanks for attention, but why did you do that? After all, if the update does not work or does not work satisfactorily, the user will want to go back to the previous version, but all his projects will be reset. This is not humane towards users.

I wrote a lot to you, but you didn't explain what the problem is with the coarse transpose settings?
The problem is still relevant.

"In previous versions, everything worked great!
I was setting to -12, and it was exactly -1 octave

And now - I am setting -12,
the screen is displaying - 1 octave, +52, but removing the cursor from the knob and hovering it again, I see the value - +53 -11
and so every time, in previous versions this was not the case. This situation is repeated with all parameters and with all knobs, on other skins too."

Cubase 10.5 Synthmaster 2.9.9

And the hold and slide cells are not displayed on the arpeggiator... :(

While this is the "official" KV331 Audio forum, and they typically make product announcements here at KVR, I think most of the dev interaction takes place over at the KV331 Facebook page. I'm not a fan of public social media, so I've never been there, but KV331 has implied in the past that is the best place for product discussions.

For real technical issues, I suggest opening a support ticket directly. I have generally had good results by following that path.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

backtomusic wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:34 pm So i downloaded 2.9.9, If I choose a preset with and arp/seq on it, and set ARP to OFF, it actually is on record mode and overwrites the sequence. Really annoying since i don't want it overwritten. Anyone else noticed this bug or can confirm?
I'm also facing same issue, but I found the workaround for this issue, I'll share it.

*** workaround ***
If you want to set ARP=OFF from ARP=ON or REC, do following step.
1) set ARP=REC
2) add one note on sequencer(piano roll) screen, and remove it. (you can do this by simply double clicking the blank area of sequencer(piano roll) screen)
3) set APR=OFF
4) then you can avoid overwrites the sequence.

This issue will happen when you do nothing on REC mode and switch ARP mode to OFF.
(If you make some edit on REC mode, this issue is not happen.)

Can any of you explain to me 2D envelopes? The SynthMaster Manual does not go into depth, and no scenario on how to use it.

I've been tampering with it, and cannot get my head around it.

For example, when I right click on the filter frequency and a list of modulation sources are presented, I go to the Envelopes, and see the 2D options, but X and Y separately? I can't get my head around it. How can you use only the X or the Y of the envelope? Usually one uses the entire curve of an envelope (or LFO) and apply it to something. But just X or Y???

Then, as you can see from the image I'm uploading, I was grabbing the handles of the envelope and somehow have the envelope going backward in time after reaching a certain spot. This makes no sense to me.

Then I changed the # of stages to 12 and could raise the rectangles up or down, but did not understand what that affects.

And what is a stage? A portion of the overall envelope? The manual says "Length, Slope, and Final Value". I don't get it.

Help please?
2D Envelope modulation possibilities.jpg
2D Envelope.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Toddskins wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:46 pm Can any of you explain to me 2D envelopes? The SynthMaster Manual does not go into depth, and no scenario on how to use it.

I've been tampering with it, and cannot get my head around it.
Groove3 has a brief piece covering 2D envelopes in "SynthMaster Explained", at the last 2 minutes towards the end of Tutorial 10 "Modulation Sources Part 1".

The tutorial uses the classic SM GUI in v2.8, but I believe this feature has been around since v2.5.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

backtomusic wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:34 pm So i downloaded 2.9.9, If I choose a preset with and arp/seq on it, and set ARP to OFF, it actually is on record mode and overwrites the sequence. Really annoying since i don't want it overwritten. Anyone else noticed this bug or can confirm?
Guys, this issue is fixed in v2.9.10
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

hello. I updated my Synth Master and the default interface (green and gray) is no longer available. Where could I get it? I still like her a lot.

Return to “KV331 Audio”