SM 1 Knob Movement Behavior

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else noticed that the knobs on SM1 are "jumpy" and difficult to move accurately ? It seems like the knob movement is kind of set to Circular but I don't see anywhere in the settings to change it to Linear.

But even if the default is Circular the movement is very jumpy and difficult to move smoothly even when using a "circular" motion with the mouse.

This is with the latest version of SM 64 bit on Win 7 64 and confirmed in both Reaper 64 and FL Studio 64. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What, nothing but preset users here ? :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry, I don't have a Windows system.

FWIW, I did check on a Mac with SM1 v1.0.3 64 bit on Reaper, Ableton Live 9, and Logic Pro X and can't duplicate the problem on any of them.

Is it still jumpy if you use the mouse wheel, or Shift + mouse wheel for fine adjustments?

I have the same setup as you jmalge but have not had your issue. I know if you want to get finer movements, you can press the shift key while using your left click button but not sure if that is your issue.

jmalge wrote:Is it still jumpy if you use the mouse wheel, or Shift + mouse wheel for fine adjustments?
I'll check the next time I boot one of my Windows computers (on Linux now).

I just know that the knobs are very jumpy when using the mouse cursor to move them.

I have noticed the movement is indeed Linear by default but again not smooth. Almost somewhere between linear and circular. I don't notice this with any of the other synths I own.

Teksonik wrote:
jmalge wrote:Is it still jumpy if you use the mouse wheel, or Shift + mouse wheel for fine adjustments?
I'll check the next time I boot one of my Windows computers (on Linux now).

I just know that the knobs are very jumpy when using the mouse cursor to move them.

I have noticed the movement is indeed Linear by default but again not smooth. Almost somewhere between linear and circular. I don't notice this with any of the other synths I own.
Using Reaper>> Win7 32bit... I can not replicate your problem>>> BUT it might be worth mentioning that the further away the mouse cursor is from the knob (clicking knob then moving sideways and up/down), then the finer the knobs movement... so I can imagine that if you are using some kinda circular/linear movement the synth will have trouble interpreting your intentions and could cause erratic knob behaviour.. hope that helps.

BTW... my default preset is init... in_it ;)

Latest SM1, latest Reaper64 (official release) on Win10x64: cannot reproduce either.
Silly idea: do you have mouse cursor acceleration activated in Windows?

Yes, man I love this synth but it's too buggy and it's freaking me out
The phase knob has a strange behavior, but I've noticed it only behaves like that when the mouse is too far away from the knob, it's weird because that never happens to me in any other synth.

Hey V, have you tried the new 120 and 140% GUI sizes? They are so much better for programming than the old sized GUI.Not sure if that will make a difference in your case or not.

rockmachine wrote:Hey V, have you tried the new 120 and 140% GUI sizes? They are so much better for programming than the old sized GUI.Not sure if that will make a difference in your case or not.
Just tried them... still buggy

i have written a review here in kvr explaining all the bugs i have experimented with synthmaster one. I hope you are not experimenting this because is annoying.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synthm ... io/reviews

Return to “KV331 Audio”