SFZ - Import

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I bought the SynthMaster on Tuesday. Can someone explain to me how the SFZ import works? I saw in videos that a folder "SFZ Instruments" and the names "Import WAV/AIFF files as SFZ" and "Import Folder as SFZ" are displayed in the context menu, this is not shown in my SynthMaster.

SFZ import is still referenced in the manual, but I think the dev temporarily removed that feature due to some issue. I cannot find the context menu item either in the latest release 2.9.7, plugin or standalone. I could be wrong, but I believe I saw a comment somewhere around here regarding that a while ago.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I have tried to drag multiple wavs in the oscillator, and nothing happens, so I'm curious how I can use SFZ in this new update.

If you are wanting to import a specific set of sounds, make a folder for them and place that folder in the Resources\Factory Samples folder. Then you will be able to load them by right clicking on an Osc and selecting them from the Samples Multisamples menu.

Thanks dnekm.....The Resources\Factory Samples folder worked great for my Casio Piano, which is only 9 samples (16 bit wav), I tried a Clavinet which is 24 bit and 240 samples, and when that was loaded kept asking for the samples, so not sure if 240 samples is too much or because it's 24 bit wav.....both these had the sfz file included in their folders.

You are welcome... :D

I have found that in making my soundsets available for SynthMaster 2 the best practice is to limit SFZ/WAV combinations to 50 to 100 per folder. Closer to 50.

And to only install there what you really, really need - at the time. The rest of the time you can just move things around to suit what you are working on.

Return to “KV331 Audio”