Standalone VST Phaser as good as Sylenth1's phaser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guyo, there's something very special about sylenth1's phaser, I believe it is because they use much larger frequency separation between the notches and also a wider bandwith.

I have tried the following VST phasers but none give me the same sound...

- Blue Cat Phaser
- KR Phaser
- SupaPhaser
- TAL Phaser
- VCS Ultraphazer
- xhipeffects phaser

Any suggestions?
Last edited by fgimian on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

When it comes to phasers i'm still looking for the one that sounds right. The one in my Zoom9050 still sounds better than many plugins i heard.

Let's see what pops up in this thread. *signs up*

Supaphaser is nice though. Did you try the Kjaerhus Classic one?

Mbox 2, iMac Intel, Trigger finger, Logic Express, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio
animism | Youtube

I like the Project 5 phaser or the Kjaerhus Classic.

soundpalace, the phaser in sylenth is actually a 6 stage phaser ... more common on synths is a 4 stage phaser ...
actually funny, as i love 4 stage phasers a lot more on synths ... 6, 8 or 12 stages i rather use on guitar like sounds like a funk guitar or a clavinet ...
when it comes to stringpads though, nothing beats a good fourstage phaser like the smallstone or the electric misstress ...
i was hoping that lennar implements a forstage option into the phaser when it comes to a sylenth update ... :)
well, actually i hope he does an update at all, he was very quiet last times ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Phase90 by Antti (Smartelectronics) - mono only though
http://antti.smartelectronix.com/

Delta Phaser - from the Delta Pack
http://www.expdigital.co.uk/freeware.htm

TD Phaser inspired by Schulte Compact A Phasing +
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1959 09&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hey all, yep I've tried Classic Phaser too, it's not that any of these sound bad, but I am after the distinct sound of Sylenth1's phaser
brok landers wrote:soundpalace, the phaser in sylenth is actually a 6 stage phaser ... more common on synths is a 4 stage phaser ...
actually funny, as i love 4 stage phasers a lot more on synths ... 6, 8 or 12 stages i rather use on guitar like sounds like a funk guitar or a clavinet ...
when it comes to stringpads though, nothing beats a good fourstage phaser like the smallstone or the electric misstress ...
i was hoping that lennar implements a forstage option into the phaser when it comes to a sylenth update ... :)
well, actually i hope he does an update at all, he was very quiet last times ...
Actually, I used an FFT an even though the phaser is 6 stage, due to the distance between notches, it actually behaves more like a 3 - 4 stage phaser I think :)

I'll try out some of the suggestions above, thanks guys

I built a combinator patch that uses a bunch of EQs and I got pretty close actually :)
Last edited by fgimian on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

I built this phaser in Reason by modulating a bunch of EQ devices, notice how drastic the cuts are on the phaser :)

Did the OP ever find a phaser to rival that of Sylenth ? I know it's 11 years since the last post, but it's still a relevant question as sylenths phaser is still sounding so good, and I'd like an independent phaser that sounds THAT good.

I don't know how Sylenth1's phaser fares, but... i love Adam Szabo's Phazor plugin. It's rather emulating the Access Virus' phaser though, as far as i know, so, i don't know how it compares in terms of sound to Sylenth1's phaser. Just try it out, it's free. :)

Best phaser i ever tried was Softube's Fix Phaser, by the way. Only the absolutely extreme CPU usage made me refrain from buying it. Sounds ridiculously good though.

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am I don't know how Sylenth1's phaser fares, but... i love Adam Szabo's Phazor plugin. It's rather emulating the Access Virus' phaser though, as far as i know, so, i don't know how it compares in terms of sound to Sylenth1's phaser. Just try it out, it's free. :)

Best phaser i ever tried was Softube's Fix Phaser, by the way. Only the absolutely extreme CPU usage made me refrain from buying it. Sounds ridiculously good though.
There are tons of phasers out there. Thats why the topic title is so specific. Thanks for the suggestions, but im only interested in a phaser that has that specific sylenth sound.

Alright, fair enough.

Makes me interested in checking out Sylenth1's phaser. I'll try it later.

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I don't have Sylenth to compare, but D16 Fazortan Space Phaser is worth a demo ... https://d16.pl/fazortan2

Return to “Effects”