BR: kernel panic with Usb audio in OS X Leopard (10.5.3)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AllenPOPO wrote:
LlukaX wrote:I'm getting a kernel panic when select my audio device (m-audio mobile pre) I'm running leopard 10.5.2

Hey there :) I have the same audio device and I run a macbook with the same (10.5.2) From what i can tell, its an issue with 10.5.2 update. Native Instruments, ableton, serato and a few others have posted warnings about this.

I had trouble using some audio stuff but i havent played with XT2 may 16 beta yet on the macbook

but Im guessing it has something to do with this :( leopard so far has been absolutely sucky for me with audio issues like this coming in updates that are supposed to *fix*

I may downgrade the update bu OS X doesnt make it as easy as windows xp does...looks like i'll be bootcamping for a while yet on this macbook...

just to follow up on this issue LlukaX and I have experienced with the newest May 16 beta. in Leopard 10.5.2, XT2 can seem my usb audio device (me and LlukaX happen to be using the SAME device, the M AUDIO mobilePRE usb device)

but....if you actually choose the M AUDIO Mobile pre as your in/out device, Leopard shuts down in a kernel panic (basically that means all you can do is a hard reset)

as i commented in the beta thread, there are some definite issues with the newest leopard update and usb/firewire devices; so much so that Serato Scratch (the popular dj app ) has officially declared they will NOT support 10.5.2!

so what I ask is if anyone running leopard that does NOT have this update (10.5.1 or lower) please chime in if you get the same kernel panic with your usb/firewire devices. I will be going off to try and "roll back" the changes myself, which should be easy, but its not :( so much for apples being "so easy"....yeah easy until something goes wrong, then we make it as elusive a problem to fix as possible so the majority of our customers have to come to us for fixes......like for example if its was "wuindows xp sp3" that was causing the issue, a simple "add/remove" action would suffice.

:x

bah, and ppl are always saying "linux? why bother? all those problems!"

lol

I'll post anything relevant i find in this thread. :D
Last edited by AllenPOPO on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

well, downgrading OS X leopard fixed my audio problems *with all the other audio programs having issues*, But lo and behold energyXT2 still gives me a kernel panic :(

much much more work needs to be done on this mac version. this is a HUGE bug. to pick my low latency device means to lock the kernel down, forcing you to do a hard restart on a mac :/

i'm sure there must be more than 1 mac user who's testing the beta?

:shrug:

Thanks for all the useful info Mr POPO :)

Subz

no prob, im gonna try soundflower and see if that helps for now...

Still is happening with newest beta and most updated Leopard (fixed some audio issues, this update is a good one)

So If your trying to use M AUDIO usb mobilePre usb audio device, newest energy XT works fine if you choose it as playback, but, when you chose it for input you get a kernel panic that forces you to restart OS X without saving. I really need this to be fixed!!! plus it may be affecting other devices....

its no secret that for all the time spent in the shadows, the mac version was a suprise, and lo and behold its the worst off out of all the versions. couple that with no vst version and i think some more focus should go to mac version in these updates :?

Return to “energyXT”