1-aug - energyXT2.x BETA

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- fixed send level bug (problem with multi-out plugins in combination with plugins with pdc)
- multi-track export didnt use bits and mono/stereo from the export dialog, now fixed
- fixed a rare playback bug with drum tracks
- drum events was painted outside part, now fixed
- dropdown window was outside screen, now fixed

http://www.energy-xt.com/xt2beta.php

Enjoy ;)
Last edited by djsubject on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lately I've been having this problem where if a plug asks for user input, like to save a preset... XT2 goes into an endless loop and crashes! This has happened to me a lot lately with a number of plugs? Anyone else seen this? OSX 10.5.4 XT2. Hmmm... it's getting to be a real show-stopper since I have to force quit, and if I haven't saved, it's start over again. Arghh! Guess I'll try this new version out... :?:

DHR53 wrote:Lately I've been having this problem where if a plug asks for user input, like to save a preset... XT2 goes into an endless loop and crashes! This has happened to me a lot lately with a number of plugs? Anyone else seen this? OSX 10.5.4 XT2. Hmmm... it's getting to be a real show-stopper since I have to force quit, and if I haven't saved, it's start over again. Arghh! Guess I'll try this new version out... :?:
let us know how you get on with the new beta, & if the bug is still present then starting a new thread would be a good idea :)

i don't have that problem on XP, so it may be a OSX bug or maybe a 10.5.4 bug,

tracking it down will definitely help jorgen fix it :D

Subz

DHR53 wrote:Lately I've been having this problem where if a plug asks for user input, like to save a preset... XT2 goes into an endless loop and crashes! This has happened to me a lot lately with a number of plugs? Anyone else seen this? OSX 10.5.4 XT2. Hmmm... it's getting to be a real show-stopper since I have to force quit, and if I haven't saved, it's start over again. Arghh! Guess I'll try this new version out... :?:
i added this to the list. i can't test it myself, but i suspect it's a Leopard problem.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

I just tried it in the new version... does the same thing. I-Drum VSTi if I change the preset, asks me to save... off to nowhere, spinning beach ball, Macbook fan blah blah! Too bad, because I-Drum is a good multi-out drum machine for XT2. On the Mac anyway... :roll:

Hmmm... apparently, if I save with the "I-Drum menu"" within the plug, no crash? But if I don't save it, and XT2 asks me if I want to save the preset... boom! This thing is crashing a lot. Not sure what to do at this point... if it's the Mac version, or Leopard, oh well! I wish it would work reliably in it's beautiful simplicity! But simple is meaningless, if it won't work at all?

And still no dbl. click to open the drum clip??? Really, isn't that one obvious?

DHR53 wrote:
And still no dbl. click to open the drum clip??? Really, isn't that one obvious?
while i agree with you, the fact that the sends bug has been fixed means that i can finally trust xt2 for doing a track from start to finish.... and that's a very good thing. don't have the time to test it now (going out dancing with the missus) but i'll take jorgen's word for it, if he say's it's fixed.

so... thanks jorgen for sorting it out. as of now, if a fund-raiser for xt2 were to be set up, i'd be donating. :hihi: the sends bug was sort of a "make or break" thing for me.

cheers, and thanks again jorgen.

edit:

if the fund-raiser was for paying for jorgen's holidays somewhere warm and sunny, i'd still donate.

:D

Well, the notes don't draw outside of the clip anymore (yea), but you have to go through 4 key commands to enlarge, and enter notes in a drum clip? Is that progress... Er, I guess. :roll: The drum clip editing situation is really annoying because I can't seem to use I-Drum reliably either... I need two things to use XT2 reliably:

1. An easy to use drum sampler/VI with drag and drop... and or a way to program beats in a clip reliably

2. VI performance with a handful of my chosen tools... FM8, Albino, Blue, Vanguard, Analog Factory, Zebra 2. Is that asking for too much???

My needs are simple... :help:

DHR53 wrote: I need two things to use XT2 reliably:
1. An easy to use drum sampler/VI with drag and drop... and or a way to program beats in a clip reliably
Haven't tried this fully yet myself but it if you are on Windows then this might be of use?

http://frettedsynth.home.att.net/

Mark

I own Logic... But I've been following XT2 development closely... since I think there needs to be a good usable host with a small footprint for the Mac. I don't use 1/4 of the features in Logic so my interest in XT has always been to "add to" or eventually replace Logic. Live is interesting, but a different animal really. Reaper, not going in the same direction as XT at all! I'll keep watching... and waiting! I'm getting a little frustrated though. I just don't have that much time to work on songs... :)

fixed send level bug (problem with multi-out plugins in combination with plugins with pdc)
I didn't realise XT2 had PDC (yet)

hudson_m4000 wrote:
DHR53 wrote: I need two things to use XT2 reliably:
Haven't tried this fully yet myself but it if you are on Windows then this might be of use?

http://frettedsynth.home.att.net/

Mark
Read the thread, he's on OS X.

SleepyP wrote:Read the thread, he's on OS X.
I stand corrected :lol:

Still, it looks quite nice for those of us who are on Windows :D

I don't even know if this qualifies as a bug -- but on my Intel MacBook, it seems like when I drag the GUI for exT2 towards the top, it likes to get stuck there. I'm able to unstick it by viewing Spaces from macro and then dragging exT2 down from the top, so it can be manually fixed.

[Post removed -- question answered. :D ]

Return to “energyXT”