BR: GUI automation, of track inserts not working

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The search feature wasn't working very well for me and I'm sure this has been covered before but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to automate an insert effect (on an audio track) from it's interface. I have tried:
- selecting the track and changing controls while the song plays
- making a new midi track and routing it to the audio track. then going through the usual dance.

I can't think of what I'm doing wrong, and I know, by reading the thread when this feature was first introduced (in 2007, over a year ago), that someone was able to do it, but I don't know how they did it. Maybe it is only possible on synth inserts?
Do not lick the fablanky

funkadil wrote:The search feature wasn't working very well for me and I'm sure this has been covered before but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to automate an insert effect (on an audio track) from it's interface.
you're right, it doesn't work. it may have at some point, but i'm not sure. i've added it to the bug list.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

i can get it to work if i start moving a insert parameter before the count in finishes,

so, it would seem Jorgen has been working on the automation bug? :)

i tried to crash Z2.3 RC3 or was it RC4? the latest one any way, & automation worked with no crashing, (for the first time for me)

Subz

vsti tracks are the same,

i have edited the title of this thread :)

Subz

djsubject wrote:vsti tracks are the same,

i have edited the title of this thread :)

Subz

Yeah, I tested that afterwards and can confirm that it doesn't matter what insert. I think if you add the perameter manually and then move the slider it does record (not from the GUI, but at least from the little built in slider).

EDIT: Thought I might add that I was trying to do a recording of my track my having a master automation track which was routed to all of the audio track and it only records volume slider automation from the last added output assignment. Is this related? Is this known?
Do not lick the fablanky

Return to “energyXT”