Magix analog modelling suite PLUS is out! Inc 64-bit Am|munition!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
A.M. Gold
KVRAF
5526 posts since 5 May, 2007 from Mars Colony

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Hink wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:
Hink wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
Hink wrote:all of the pluggins are for sale now by themselves...I'm a samp pro user anyhow but I agree with you on the value. The essential fx are very good as well, I understand variverb will be 64 bit with the next samp patch as well.
Including Ammnution? I don't see that or the others from the modelling suite by themselves.
http://www.magix.com/us/pro-audio-plugins/
That page has the Suite, but no individual plug-ins, other than Variverb II and Vandal.
my bad, I meant the bundles :oops:
Yea I realized after I posted that you were saying they are available without Samplitude, but I think he wanted them broken out. I wouldn't mind that myself, since I usually don't go for bundles. I do quite like the compressor/tape saturation thingy but will pass on the whole suite.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

PatchAdamz
KVRAF
11754 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Just wondering if anyone is able to save Cubase 7 songs (64 bit) when using these plugs.

I purchased Variverb 2 and tested the others and find Cubase 7 corrupts the song file if any of these plugs are used.

Unfortunately tech support has no ideas to offer at all.

Any other experiences?

AC222
KVRian
1076 posts since 17 Jun, 2012

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 am

It's about time that Magix did this but I think they showed up late to the game. I think everyone knows that Ammunition was perhaps the most versatile, universally useful component of the AM suite and they are only offering it now.

If it were available years ago, I probably would have bought it. I have Samplitude Professional 11 that has the full AM Suite so while I can't use Ammunition outside of Samp, I still have it. Although I love having Vandal outside of Samp. Instead I opted for Flux Elixir as a standalone limiter (I hate the dongle crap though).

Still torn or whether I like Elixir or Ammunition better as they are both to me among the cream of the crop for limiters.

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:58 pm

audiosabre wrote:Well well. Ammunition doesn't work at all :(

No activity on the meters, the knobs have no effect. When I try to load a preset, FL locks up.

The other three work fine. Choosing presets doesn't lock the DAW.

Will have to report this...
Please do...

Variverb 2 is also not working well in Cubase 7 64 bit.

It corrupts every song file (also a preset issue).

I spent $200 for a non functional plugin.

Magix should know better...

audiosabre
KVRian
1141 posts since 24 Jul, 2008 from England

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:07 pm

I did, my friend. I sent them a comprehensive report with a video demonstrating the issues. Got a ticket number by email, so I assume it's on their system.

I also discovered Ammunition has no SC input, which I also reported. Not ready for prime time, I think.

Over 1 week now, and no reply :(

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:16 pm

audiosabre wrote:I did, my friend. I sent them a comprehensive report with a video demonstrating the issues. Got a ticket number by email, so I assume it's on their system.

I also discovered Ammunition has no SC input, which I also reported. Not ready for prime time, I think.

Bravo for the comprehensive report.
They will benefit from that feedback.

I have also not heard much back from them,just a request to use the 32 bit version but that also failed to work.

Its a shame, some potential useful plugins.

Unfortunately with some serious bugs.

lacandon
KVRian
605 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 am

The demo is not working proper in logic 9 , otherwise nice plugins but the demo keeps as for extended license and then die. Anyone else have this problem or just me ? I would to test a bit more those plugins they sounds good !

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:26 am

lacandon wrote:The demo is not working proper in logic 9 , otherwise nice plugins but the demo keeps as for extended license and then die. Anyone else have this problem or just me ? I would to test a bit more those plugins they sounds good !
They Crash Cubase 7 or continually change the presets or corrupt it.

MANY BUGS!!

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 am

audiosabre wrote:I did, my friend. I sent them a comprehensive report with a video demonstrating the issues. Got a ticket number by email, so I assume it's on their system.

Just curios if they ever got back to you with a fix?

sascha
KVRian
1110 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from Berlin, Germany

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 am

An update on this, by André from Magix, Dresden:

"Dear customers,

on this Friday, April 26, the latest versions of our plug-ins will be available online. The download link, however, will not change, so you can download the version at any time. With this update we addressed various issues, for example a crash in certain DAWs while saving the project. Furthermore, the VariVerb II has received a new logo, as requested by many users.

Please note:

We have heard about activation problems with our plug-ins within the last weeks more often. Despite extensive tests in various hosts we had a hard time reproducing this issue and we hope, that this update will solve the problem.

In case of any activation problems on your system, please contact us at https://www.magix.co...&module=contact and specify the used system (Windows or Mac, which version of the OS), the used host and a detailed description of the problem.

Besides that please note that it is possible to activate the plug-ins in another sequencer - they will be activated for the whole system then.

We are looking forward to your feedback!"

http://support2.magix.net/boards/sampli ... ntry220420
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

ObsoleteAcc99
Banned
22469 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:38 pm

well the demo activation bug is present in BOTH au and vst on mac, in 5 different hosts i tried.. i've explained this elsewhere.

the plugins are all amazing though.

echopark
KVRian
1034 posts since 4 Jan, 2005 from Traun Austria

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:53 am

Until 6th of May there's a pluginspecial at magix.

If you buy one plugin Collection you get a second for free.

http://pro.magix.com/de/samplitude/.163 ... samplitude

Seems it's time for me to get the analog modelling suite plus and Vandal.

Reinhard

chokehold
KVRAF
2134 posts since 11 Oct, 2007 from Almanya

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 am

I tried the eFX suite demos on Mac/AU, the first one showed me an activation popup window where I could start the demo period.

Seconde one tried to show the same window, I guess, at least it had a title bar. That's it. Nothing inside. Couldn't cancel the dialog - no buttons, couldn't ESC out of it, had to force-quit Reaper and start again.

The one I got running had the buttons behave like beginner freeware, the knobs would immediately jump to where I clicked rather than "grab" the knobs where they were and let me adjust the value relative to where it was before.

Deleted, no more thought wasted. Can't be bothered.

JUSTIFICATION EDIT: After all, we're dealing with a company that can be considered a "major player", so one should be able to expect a decent product relase. Asking money for the stuff at this early alpha stage is ... dunno.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

echopark
KVRian
1034 posts since 4 Jan, 2005 from Traun Austria

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 am

Any problems on PC ?

sascha
KVRian
1110 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 am

chokehold wrote: The one I got running had the buttons behave like beginner freeware, the knobs would immediately jump to where I clicked rather than "grab" the knobs where they were and let me adjust the value relative to where it was before.
On the eFX & Suite plugins, there is a 'wrench' icon. Click on it and choose 'preferences'. Set mouse mode to up/down (hor./vert.). The default might be circular.
Circular mode has got nothing to to with freeware. In the past, it was common as the circular behaviour allowed more precise adjustments the more you move away from the center. On modern screen sizes, and with bigger UIs in general, that might make less sense these days, and linear behaviour is more common. However, some got used to circular, hence picking 'your' mode should do the trick.

Can't say anything on the Mac unlock process (it was implemented after I left the team, so i know nothing about its interior), but I heard they're on it and it seemed hard to reproduce. Will re-report it nonetheless.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Return to “Effects”