1. Acoustic-Pick Ryan (APR)
2. Acoustic-Finger Ryan (AFR)
3. Classical-Nail (CNJ)

Screenshot

Acoustic-Pick APR

Acoustic-Finger AFR

Classical-Nail CNJ

New Items
1. Over 9GB of new professional acoustic guitar samples have been recorded. Recording method: Stereo: Recording accuracy: 24Bit 96khz.
2. Our custom mic placement recording methods allow the stereo image to be adapted smoothly from Stereo to Mono with no detrimental artefacts.
3. Sample Streaming technology is employed in Poetic Guitar Ⅱ, providing access to huge, superior quality guitar sample banks.
4. Supports Windows 32/64bit: WinXP(SP3), Vista, Win7, Win8 VST
and MAC 32/64bit: OS X Version 10.5+ VST and AU
5. Instruments are selected from the Instrument Loading panel.
6. Our newly designed Strum system enables users to realize real guitar strumming quickly and easily. 132 different chords can be selected with the left hand using a combination of 1-4 keys, while the right hand plays the required strumming method. Chord changes can be made quickly and easily with the chord name appearing on the main panel.
7. The Information window displays the current Guitar Playing Mode.
It also displays the name and value of controls when they are edited. You can directly change the control's setting by clicking the number and typing in a new value.
8. A very flexible 8 stage graphical envelope allows you to control the sound in any way you choose. You can use from 2 to 8 stages to form simple or complex shapes. Simply click and drag the boxes on the display to edit the envelope.
9. You can change the settings for 'A.I.' and 'Open Strings' on the 'Select
Instrument' panel - these options set how strictly the guitar adheres to string and fingering of real guitars e.g. you can't play two notes on the same string.
10. Different playing techniques are selected by simply pressing the appropriate Keyswitch. When released, the Guitar Playing Mode automatically reverts back to Standard mode. This allows you to quickly and easily add Slide Up(SU), Slide Down(SD), Hammer On(HO), Pull Off(PO), Slide In(SI) or Slide Out(SO) styles into a performance with minimal use of Keyswitches.

Functions and Features
1. The perfect combination of a real guitar GUI with keyboard GUI ensures everyone can play the instrument simply and easily. The hand painted real guitars gives a sense of reality when playing.
2. Rhombic Sampling Design. Each instrument applies varying sample density according to frequency of use. In this way, our rhombic sampling design ensures that the system resources (RAM, HDD, CPU) are used most effectively.
3. 100% Green Sampling. After recording and conversion, no subsequent processing has been applied to the samples; even the most basic functions like low frequency cutting and noise reduction have been avoided to guarantee a purely natural sound.
4. Sample Circulation Technique. Each note has multiple sample layers which are alternated in a natural way to ensure a genuine performance.
5. Sample Start Time Control. You can set the Sample Start Time to adapt the guitar performance to suit your particular requirements.
6. Guitar Playing Techniques. The Guitar supports many playing techniques: Harmonics, Hammer On, Pull Off, Slide Up, Slide Down, Slide In, Slide Out, Chord, Muting, Bending and Strum etc.
7. Custom-made Vibrato System for Acoustic Guitar. The Modwheel function is custom designed to emulate acoustic guitar finger-vibrato, which makes the instrument more user-friendly and natural to play.
8. The Chords function allows you to select chords and play them in many different styles including individual note plucking.
9. The Strum Sequence function (in conjunction with Chord mode) allows you to create up to 8 rhythm patterns for chord and/or note plucking.
10. Controller Descriptions. When the mouse pointer is located over a control, a description will be shown: this is convenient for users who don't want to refer to the manual very often.
11. Double-Click to Reset. Most controls can be reset to its original Patch setting by quickly double-clicking on them. This is very convenient when experimenting by changing an existing sound patch. You can return to the original sound by double-clicking any controls you changed.
12. Auto-playing Natural Noise Switch. When activated, many different types of string or finger noise sounds will be played automatically. This provides a quick and easy way to add more realism to your performances. The system automatically detects which is the right sound to play depending on your performance and playing mode.
13. Velocity Sensitivity & Contour. The Guitar provides many different velocity contour modes to suit your particular playing style.
14. Legato mode (SU/SD, HO/PO) techniques. The legato is for the playing styles Slide Up/Slide Down and Hammer On/Pull Off, which makes keyboard playing these styles very simple.
15. Nine Effects: Gate, Compressor, Overdrive, Tremolo, 5 Band EQ, Chorus, Pitch Shifter, Stereo Echo, Reverb. Everything you need to customise your sound.

Price
1. Each single product: 99 USD.
2. Buying two at a time: 168 USD.
3. Buying three at a time: 208 USD.

For details, please logon to the website:
http://www.timesconcept.com/News.aspx?id=3&hl=En

Together with H.E Audio!

H.E Audio - User-friendly, high quality and practicability are our core concepts, devoted to bring vigour and realism to your music.

Copyright 2013 Beijing Times Concept Cultural Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by timesconcept on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heg
KVRer
2 posts since 27 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 am

First of all congratulations for the design of "Poetic Guitars 2" which all in all has turned out well.

Compared with the previous release "Poetic Acoustic Guitars" however there is a
significant drawback: one of the major shortcomings is that in chord mode I am
restricted to use preset chords, i.e. it is NOT possible to create user chords.

Actually I can play any chord manually in "Standard Playing" mode. In this case however I cannot use the "Chord" mode strumming functions, so the natural strumming behavior and hence the authentic sound is lost. All string sounds in this case are triggered simultaneously, which is anything else but natural as you know. Moreover it is not possible to utilize up- or down-strumming.

I normally use "PAG" or "PG2" in conjunction with a DAW (Ableton Live 9 in my case) so I never run out of fingers since I simply use MIDI notes to define user chords :wink: . The strum feeling however (which makes the plugin really unique!) is missing anyway as it is impossible to reproduce via MIDI notes

Any workarounds / hints / advice / tips?

KVRist

Topic Starter

99 posts since 16 Dec, 2009 from Beijing

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 pm

heg wrote:First of all congratulations for the design of "Poetic Guitars 2" which all in all has turned out well.

Compared with the previous release "Poetic Acoustic Guitars" however there is a
significant drawback: one of the major shortcomings is that in chord mode I am
restricted to use preset chords, i.e. it is NOT possible to create user chords.
Any workarounds / hints / advice / tips?
Hi Heg, we're glad you like the new design of Poetic Guitar 2 (PG2)

Regarding the new Chord system, it was redesigned to take on board feedback from all our PG1 customers whom in the main wanted more available chords and a better way to play them live and interactively.

In PG1 only 12 chords could be defined and played and most people found this too restrictive.

The new Chord System in PG2 allows people to play many songs simply, quickly and enjoyably.

PG2 allows you to select from 132 Chords at any time. You can play any Maj, Min, 7, M7, m7, sus2, sus4, 6, 5, aug, or dim chord types of C, C#, D, D#, E, F, G, G#, A, A# and B, which we thought had covered the vast majority of commonly used chords on the guitar. The PG2 manual lists all the chords available and how to select them. If you feel some essential chords are missing then please let us know and it might be possible to add those in a future update.

PG2 supports many (27) strumming modes, Strum-Up, Strum-Down, and partial Up and Down strumming of Bass, Mid and High strings as well as Muted strumming, you can also pluck individual strings of any selected chord to create your own method of playing the chords.

If you still feel you need to define single notes for chords in 'standard' playing mode, then an option you can use on some music programs to create a strumming effect is the 'Kicker' or 'Nudge' tool; this tool allows you to move the notes you click, forward or back a little in time - but of course this is quite a time consuming bit of 'programming'

Best Regards
The H.E.Audio Team

heg
KVRer
2 posts since 27 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:52 am

Hi h.e. team,

many thanks for your reply.

I highly appreciate your efforts on creating PG2: the GUI as well as the envelope options are way better than in PAG.

I have read the manual thoroughly and my software testing was extensive too, so I think I know the options PG2 provides quite well :wink:
However I produce music using a DAW and I don't use PG2 to perform live.

Just to give you one example of what I miss: what if my song requires e.g. A Maj fingered as bar chord in the 5th fret strummed in up- and downstrokes? This fingering sounds quite clearly different to the standard pattern in the 2nd fret, PG2 however won't let me do this. As I mentioned, this is just one example.

I did not find it restrictive to have just 12 chords available to save in old PAG, there are not too many songs which need more than 12 chords.

Another question: is it possible to use the sounds of previous PAG with the new PG2 GUI?

Best Regards
heg

KVRist

Topic Starter

99 posts since 16 Dec, 2009 from Beijing

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:08 pm

heg wrote:
Just to give you one example of what I miss: what if my song requires e.g. A Maj fingered as bar chord in the 5th fret strummed in up- and downstrokes? This fingering sounds quite clearly different to the standard pattern in the 2nd fret, PG2 however won't let me do this. As I mentioned, this is just one example.

Another question: is it possible to use the sounds of previous PAG with the new PG2 GUI?

Best Regards
heg
Hi Heg,
We understand your concerns and will take them into consideration.

As we mentioned previously, you can inform us of any essential chords you think are required and we could possibly add them in a future update.

The sample sets for PG2 are far more extensive, stereo and higher resolution than the old PG1 format; so the old PG1 sample sets are not compatible with PG2.

You can of course continue to use PG1 for those particular sounds and for that method of defining 12 chords.

Best Regards
The H.E.Audio Team

Return to “H.E. Audio”