Download Acoustic Guitar(Steel)-Free Version

Official English support for: timesconcept.com
KVRist

Topic Starter

99 posts since 16 Dec, 2009 from Beijing

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 am

Ian B wrote:I hate sounding ungrateful, but I'm kinda disappointed with this freebie, it's too bright for my taste and there's a very slight, but perceptable delay in hearing a note after pressing a key....my setup is fine with other plugins btw.
It is a revolutionary change!

In real guitar performance, there is a Attack time (before bar line). See picture below:

In traditional Acoustic instruments samplers, Attack time is usually cut off in order to avoid the delay during MIDI keyboard performance. In this way, Acoustic guitar will lose some important timbre features and turn into a "piano".

H.E.AGS Final version retains the whole Attack time of each note and adjusts with Start Time button accompanying, so that the guitar timbre will more real and natural.

The delay will not affect MIDI making with mouse if you use free version. Perhaps, I can also add start time on the future free version.

Usage of Start Time:

Adjust pre-delay time to -50ms in your host:

Notes:
1. Before exporting the audio, please set the Start Time to 0, and the pre-delay time of Host to minus 50ms.
2. About the scope of document export, please fix from the very beginning of MIDI document (one bar ahead) to the terminal sound (entirely fading away).

See Help page please

Thank you for your suggestion. Welcome to discuss, because It is a revolutionary change!

KVRer
16 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from France

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:34 am

I figured out the password too, but did not yet figure out WHY this installer has to be password protected !

As I am usually quite suspicious, I found this unusual behaviour...strange.

Can someone tell me more on that issue ?

KVRer
13 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I've had no success getting any sound from the guitar. I'm using Sonar on a Vista laptop, and never have problems with VSTis. I can see that MIDI activity is getting to the instrument, and the virtual keyboard keys move when I play - but there's no connection between the MIDI track and its audio track. All is definitely configured correctly in Sonar.

I've tried having the .dll in my usual VST folder as well as having Sonar look for it in the guitar's folder in my program folders, but nothing works.

I've had to un-install it. I may try again, but of course it's a drag to go through the process of setting something up that doesn't work. I wouldn't want to go through it all again with the same zero results.

?

rbowser

KVRer

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Follow up - I completely uninstalled the guitar. Went back to the site to get a fresh download, unzipped, installed, all went fine until I was in Sonar and there once again - No sound.

Just as the first time, the GUI's keyboard moves when I play my external keyboard. The MIDI track is definitely pointing to the guitar's audio track, but no signal is getting to it.

I would have to surmise that this instrument doesn't work with Sonar, or maybe not with Vista? - which is a pity!

rbowser

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:04 am

rbowser wrote:Follow up - I completely uninstalled the guitar. Went back to the site to get a fresh download, unzipped, installed, all went fine until I was in Sonar and there once again - No sound.

Just as the first time, the GUI's keyboard moves when I play my external keyboard. The MIDI track is definitely pointing to the guitar's audio track, but no signal is getting to it.

I would have to surmise that this instrument doesn't work with Sonar, or maybe not with Vista? - which is a pity!

rbowser
We've tested Sonar8 on Windows 7. It's OK.

could you checked your filepath?

it should be like this:

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

KVRer

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 am

Thank you very much for replying.

I'm a determined sort, and so tried again today and had success.

This is highly unusual - so unusual that I don't have any other soft synth which behaves this way, but the trouble was that this guitar won't work in Sonar 8 when its .dll file is in Sonar's VST folder where all the others are.

After removing the copy of the .dll I had in the VST folder, I added H.E.Audio's Program Files folder to the list of folders for Sonar's Plug-In Manager to scan. It found the .dll file and now the instrument works.

I've only toyed with it for a few minutes, but the guitar is sounding nice! Thanks for making it available.

Maybe my post here will help other Sonar users who happen to use it. And my note to you is that this is very unorthodox for the .dll file to not work when there's a copy of it in Sonar's master VST folder. The idea is to have just one location for all instrument .dll files. At least I figured out how to make the guitar work.

Thanks again.
rbowser

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:08 pm

rbowser wrote:Thank you very much for replying.

I'm a determined sort, and so tried again today and had success.

This is highly unusual - so unusual that I don't have any other soft synth which behaves this way, but the trouble was that this guitar won't work in Sonar 8 when its .dll file is in Sonar's VST folder where all the others are.

After removing the copy of the .dll I had in the VST folder, I added H.E.Audio's Program Files folder to the list of folders for Sonar's Plug-In Manager to scan. It found the .dll file and now the instrument works.

I've only toyed with it for a few minutes, but the guitar is sounding nice! Thanks for making it available.

Maybe my post here will help other Sonar users who happen to use it. And my note to you is that this is very unorthodox for the .dll file to not work when there's a copy of it in Sonar's master VST folder. The idea is to have just one location for all instrument .dll files. At least I figured out how to make the guitar work.

Thanks again.
rbowser
You are welcome :) Wish you have a good use.
and v1.3 is coming soon:
you could adjust Start time (no more delay when you play keyboard);
Different sound;
Different velocity.
As so on.

tmi
KVRer
1 posts since 17 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am

I had the latency problem, but the Start Time knob worked like a charm :)

I noticed that some harmonic tones seem to be a little out of tune.
I would be glad if you could adjust them.

Anyway, thank you for providing us a nice sounding plugin!

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:12 am

tmi wrote:I had the latency problem, but the Start Time knob worked like a charm :)

I noticed that some harmonic tones seem to be a little out of tune.
I would be glad if you could adjust them.

Anyway, thank you for providing us a nice sounding plugin!
Hi tmi,
Thanks for your comments.
We are glad that you like our product.
Thanks for your kind suggestion, and we will adjust the harmonic tones in the next version.
What's more, I wonder if you really undertand the meaning of Start Time.
Before exporting the wav, the Start Time must be set to "0", and predelay time in the Host to "-50", so that it can get the realest and naturest guitar sampling.
About the explaination of the Start Time, please see the other topic: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275698
Thanks again.
Cheers

KVRer
23 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Serbia

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:15 am

Hello,

I know I'm about 4 years late to the game and raising an old topic, but is there a way to still get this somehow? All the links I've looked for on the forum are dead.

Thanks.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:07 am

Hi,
The old PG1 versions have been replaced with the newly released Poetic Guitar 2 (PG2)

As a previous owner of PG1 you can upgrade for FREE to PG2.
Check the forum announcement of PG2 to see the new Guitar which supports multiple guitar sample sets and has many user-requested improvements.

Best Regards
Chris
H.E.Audio Team

KVRAF
5277 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:37 am

timesconcept wrote:Hi,
The old PG1 versions have been replaced with the newly released Poetic Guitar 2 (PG2)

As a previous owner of PG1 you can upgrade for FREE to PG2.
Check the forum announcement of PG2 to see the new Guitar which supports multiple guitar sample sets and has many user-requested improvements.

Best Regards
Chris
H.E.Audio Team
Hi. As you know, I received all the Poetic Guitars after you asked for may analysis and I'm not sure if I received the PG2 versions of them or not. Can you check and let me know? Thank you

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:59 am

Musical Gym wrote:Hi. As you know, I received all the Poetic Guitars after you asked for may analysis and I'm not sure if I received the PG2 versions of them or not. Can you check and let me know? Thank you
If you email contact@timesconcept.com we can send the links to you.

Return to “H.E. Audio”