When Can We Expect An Update For PG 2?

Official English support for: timesconcept.com
KVRist
162 posts since 28 Nov, 2005

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:48 am

First of all, thanks for this completely free (for those who bought PG 1) yet totally new instrument. The straight sustained notes sound very good but the reason I'm asking for an update is that other articulations like 'pull off' and 'palm mute' do sound somewhat uneven in playing and most definitely in volume. The pull offs (to connect the straight notes) sound very hard and harsh while the palm mute is almost inaudible. It really sounded much smoother in Poetic Guitar 1.

Thanks!

Alex

KVRist
99 posts since 16 Dec, 2009 from Beijing

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Alex Cremers wrote:First of all, thanks for this completely free (for those who bought PG 1) yet totally new instrument. The straight sustained notes sound very good but the reason I'm asking for an update is that other articulations like 'pull off' and 'palm mute' do sound somewhat uneven in playing and most definitely in volume. The pull offs (to connect the straight notes) sound very hard and harsh while the palm mute is almost inaudible. It really sounded much smoother in Poetic Guitar 1.
Hi Alex,
We are a little surprised to hear about your issues regarding the PG2 samples.
As you say, PG2 is a totally new instrument and all the samples have been recorded by professional guitarists in one of the best recording studios in China.
We want to capture the real sound of each guitar with no manipulation of the samples, so what you play in PG2 is a true reflection of the actual guitar.

The playing styles of the PG2 samples may differ from PG1 because we used different guitars with different guitarists, so the articulations will be appropriate to the particular guitar used - for the Acoustic Guitars a Ryan Guitar was used, a very expensive item!

There are 3 Guitars currently available for PG2; Acoustic-Pick, Acoustic-Finger, and Classical-Nail. Acoustic-Pick will naturally have a 'harsher' sound compared to Acoustic-Finger.

Which guitar did you use? Try the other Guitars and see if one of those meets your needs.

I will pass on your comments to the guitarists and technical team, if they find any problems I am sure they will be addressed in a future update.

Regards
H.E.Audio Team

Return to “H.E. Audio”