NameGlancer released

KVRAF
4830 posts since 10 Feb, 2006 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:06 am

NameGlancer is a small utility application for Windows to search online if a name is used some place. It is a small development tool for you to check whether your name for your upcoming plugin is available.

Version 1.01 is available. New functions added:
  • Search for domain names.
  • Support for Flattr added (if you wanna donate some money)
  • Links to product page and forum topic as well as developer page.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

KVRAF
7948 posts since 2 Aug, 2005 from Guitar Land, USA

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:19 am

Cool, I always check the internet first, and try to make original names. I have an old drum synth called Supercharge, it's not on kvr, but then of course as a basic, boring name, here comes along NI with Supercharger.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

KVRAF
1824 posts since 24 Apr, 2010

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 am

Nice try ! I expect you'll get some great ideas for honing this.
I thought I'd try to see if anyone has released anything called Synplex unfortunately NameGlancer harvested no results, but I distinctly recall a Synplex by erm.........

oh yes - JBM, lol.

If I do a search of KVR using the inbuilt search though, it finds an entry in the forum. So perhaps widen that.
Also can we have a paste facilty included ?

Just in case NameGlancer doesn't snag it, I'd say it's worth a quick check here as well;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

Not a complete list, but as close as you'll come to one that has been published.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:25 pm

I never stated that this would replace any of them. And oh btw JBM stands for JoBro Media. Just like some other plugin developers uses different prefixes before their plugin names as an identifier. :)
JoBroMedia since 1996.

KVRAF
5568 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from the bottom of my heart

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:29 pm

cool! i think i can abuse it for plug-in search?!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KVRAF
1824 posts since 24 Apr, 2010

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

jobromedia wrote:I never stated that this would replace any of them.
Accepted, but I thought this could be the start of something......fairly useful, perhaps with some alternate search addresses.
jobromedia wrote:And oh btw JBM stands for JoBro Media. Just like some other plugin developers uses different prefixes before their plugin names as an identifier. :)
I knew that, exactly why I picked it !
murnau wrote:cool! i think i can abuse it for plug-in search?!
I was also thinking along these lines, but having tried various search engines for a variety of names that could have been perhaps used, I've drawn complete blanks in the past.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:29 pm

I will ofcourse continue to develop this program. :) I got some decent ideas what to improve. However that has to wait until after the DC's done.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:56 pm

New version. Check top post for more information.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Return to “JoBroMedia”