Cheap crossgrade to Kontakt using Sennheiser "free" DrumMic'a

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just curious, but how many of you have tried this? I'm tempted since the sale is on right now and ends on June 30th.

I'm gonna give it a try.

For those of you that don't know, the Sennheiser Drumica library is a free acoustic drum kontakt instrument. You can get it by signing up using a translator. It is a big download @ 4.5GB and you get a registration code that you have to register with the NI service center.

With the current summer of sound sale on right now, the price for this would be $124.50 for the full version of kontakt 5 :o

Seems like a good deal, all you have to do is navigate through a bit of german on the sennheiser site, sign up and get a personal registration code for your copy of Drummica.

As an added bonus, you can also crossgrade to Komplete using Kontakt 5 later on. :wink:

Information about the library here.
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ee.198219/

If you go here you can see that it is indeed listed in the "qualifying products" list.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ade-offer/
:borg:

Ok I downloaded and installed DrumMic'a and registered it. I then went to the online NI store and got this, so i can confirm that it does work.

I hit the order button, because i've been really wanting a copy of Kontakt for a while now. 8)

I got my Kontakt cheap doing this too. As a bonus DrumMicA is actually quite good really.

mutantdog wrote:I got my Kontakt cheap doing this too. As a bonus DrumMicA is actually quite good really.
I found the quality of it to be pretty good for a freeware sample kit even though the idea of it is really an advertisment for their microphones :tu:

Still the whole fact you can cross grade for $125.00 from this to Native instruments flagship pro sampler is a no-brainer imo.

Downloaded and tried to install but... :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

$125 + $399 cross grade to Komplete Ultimate = $525 for Komplete Ultimate. That's a deal. :tu:

DonHepe wrote:Downloaded and tried to install but... :?:
Hm that's strange, it worked fine for me on my mac.

Maybe your connection messed it up?

Just a friendly "bump" for a super good bargain. June 30th is almost here, get your full version of Kontakt while you can ;)

Foolish me... I used a different email address to get the registration code for DrumMic'a than I use for my Native Instruments account. So although the website confirmed that I qualified for the crossgrade, the Service Center refuses to activate it.

Oh well, sent an email off to Support....

This is also how I got Komplete Ultimate for WAY less than I could have with any sale.
It does indeed work. :D
soundcloud.com/martinharp

I'm guessing that those of you who find $124.99 a "good deal" don't have any previous version of Kontakt. Am I right about that? (And no, there's no shame in admitting that! :wink: ) What are some of you "cross-grading" from?

I was about to try this deal when NI's website informed me that, as a "Kontakt 1-4 owner", I can get K5 for $99 or Komplete 10 for $199. I wasn't aware that so many people didn't have it.

For those of you who've gotten K5 and this DrumMic'a offer, have you found K5 to be useful for drums? I like Battery, because you can assign individual drums to individual outputs, for processing in the DAW. You can't do that with Kontakt though, right? At least, you couldn't with K4; the drum set loaded as one instrument.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:What are some of you "cross-grading" from?

Sennheiser DrumMic'a which you can get for free. After you sign up you get a personalized serial code that you can register with the NI Service center. Once it's registered you are then eligible for the Crossgrade price to the full version.

So to get Kontakt 5 which retails at $299 for the cross-grade price is quite the bargain, and it was even more so during the summer of sound sale.

Well, no, you're not really "cross-grading" from DrumMic'a, as that requires Kontakt anyway.

NI doesn't state what they consider a "cross-grade". Usually that would imply you're "ditching" a similar product (SampleTank 3, maybe?), and they're enticing you to do that with a discount on Kontakt. Otherwise, you're upgrading from an older version, or just buying it as if you were a new user.

I was trying to get a feel for how many people didn't already have some version of Kontakt. I was under the impression that it's the 800-lb gorilla in the VST industry, and most of the people I've talked to on here seem to have it (or had it at some point), whether they used it much or not.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Actually, yes, you ARE crossgrading from Drum'mica to Kontakt. That's how NI refers to it (it's an eligible product for Kontakt crossgrade).

planetearth wrote:
For those of you who've gotten K5 and this DrumMic'a offer, have you found K5 to be useful for drums? I like Battery, because you can assign individual drums to individual outputs, for processing in the DAW. You can't do that with Kontakt though, right? At least, you couldn't with K4; the drum set loaded as one instrument.

Steve
Last time I checked Kontakt had multi-out options, at least it does now.
I need a soundcloud ¬¬

Return to “Instruments”