Zyn-Fusion crashing on patch selection

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been happily running the paid version of Zyn-Fusion for the past couple of weeks on linux. Running in Carla alongside a few other synths (setBfree & FluidGM) and using Ardour for mixing the outputs.

Worked fine through last night, but after installing a number of kxstudio updates this AM it now crashes when trying to select a new patch. Works ok using the saved 'last patch' when session saved from Carla. But as soon as I navigate to select a new patch, Carla abrubtly closes, Zyn GUI freezes and jack starts cranking out overruns by the thousands.

Carla log:

Error opening file /opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX.so/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX.so/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX.so/manifest.ttl
Error opening file /opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/manifest.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/manifest.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/manifest.ttl/manifest.ttl
Error opening file /opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/presets.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/presets.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/presets.ttl/manifest.ttl
Error opening file /opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX.ttl/manifest.ttl
Error opening file /opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX_ui.so/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX_ui.so/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX_ui.so/manifest.ttl
Error opening file /opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX_ui.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX_ui.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///opt/zyn-fusion/ZynAddSubFX.lv2/ZynAddSubFX_ui.ttl/manifest.ttl
lo server running on 19101

Seems to be trying to add "/manifest.ttl" to the end of everything and then failing because there is not a next level to navigate to. The six files referenced before the "/manifest.ttl" above are present on the stipulated path.

Any ideas?

I should also note the referenced error messages in Carla appear at startup and before I crash it by trying to select a new patch..

The error messages shown in carla was a different issue, now resolved. Zyn still crashing though... and taking Carla with it...

Best place to look for error logs for Zyn? I'm running it as an LV2 plugin inside carla...

I just spoke to the author of Carla and it appears that there's a conflict between Carla's builtin version of Zyn and the Zyn lv2 plugin due to some recent changes. A workaround has been added to Carla in response and it should be there in the next release of Carla

https://github.com/falkTX/Carla/commit/ ... 98f6916197

Thanks for reporting this issue.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

New package updates have set things straight again. Thanks for the quick followup... Back to making some noise... :D

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”