Boz Digital Labs - Transgressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sad to see I didn't win the naming competition but it's finally arrived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNrpw_MxC8Y

Oh, and for those that are interested, 50% off at the Boz site and Plugin Boutique

Latency, CPU usage vs NI Transient Master for example?

Another gui modelled on some supposed/imagined hardware unit that happens to be a few feet wide :roll:

3ee wrote:Latency, CPU usage vs NI Transient Master for example?
139 samples, 0.1-0.2% @96KHz on my i7-6800 non overclocked. You should not compare it to Transient Designer-type plugins, this is much more! You can boost attack or sustain with it, but EQing it differently gives it whole other range of possibilities.
I've been doing similar type of processing with monstrous FX-chains in REAPER, but this one is in single plugin so it's much neater.
Really does wonders on dull or boomy drums. Boosting sustain level makes dry sounding snares much fatter.
Cool plugin.

wow...this sounds amazing...

^ meloco_go... thanks! :)

...but I was certainly not comparing it in terms of functionality... I usually use a transient designer as a send/return (with eq on top)
this tool seems to make things easier to a certain, important degree... but I was curious about the CPU usage since I assume what it is doing, it should't take much...

If you (or someone else for that matter) didn't try these type of plugins on a send'return config. I urge you to try it out! ... imagine sending only the sustain part to a plate.... or a the attack to a spring reverb ;) the possibilities are "endless"

edit: actually it's 64 samples = 1.45 ms @ 44.1k ( I thought I was @ 44.1k before but I was @ 96k as well) no problem there... latency fairly low..
Last edited by 3ee on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow! Very useful tool. Bought right after watching the intro video. Finally, a really useful way for me to use a transient tool. This seems immediately useful.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

3ee wrote:139 samples = 1.45 ms @ 44.1k

...hmm
I measured @96k, and 1.45 makes sense.

This looks a promising plugin. I will download the demo and give it a try. :tu:

very low CPU usage, that's great!... uses a tiny bit more than NI Transient Master which is also very low CPU usage.

An important feature that is currently MISSING! ... : the ability to have at least a sum-to-mono trigger as an option. ... if you have a stereo drum loop for example... it's always 'stereo' chattering... so annoying!

3ee wrote:An important feature that is currently MISSING! ... : the ability to have at least a sum-to-mono trigger as an option. ... if you have a stereo drum loop for example... it's always 'stereo' chattering... so annoying!
BitterSweet Pro can do this :wink:.

Wish it had some effects for transient and sustain seperately similar to the new eventide structural effect plugin...Would allow for some creative uses for other instruments. Just a thought.

Return to “Effects”