NI Massive support for GUI scaling

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2ZrgE wrote:I never fully understood that stupid "snapshot" construction and ensemble editing, I just want to have my patches loading and saving as in any other VST.
I can load and browse Reaktor presets (snapshots) in Live's and Reaper's native patch browser and also with PC MIDI messages, neither which is possible for example in some fairly popular synths such as U-he.

I don't think that we see this in the near feature. The older synth like Massive or Absynth are a bit under the radar for NI.

.jon wrote:
EnGee wrote:Which are those complex Reaktor synths that use very little CPU?! Even the monophonic blocks can eat my PC for lunch! :nutter:
Check out the Factory Library, Photone, aka the proto-Massive is one such example.

Blocks offer the highest fidelity currently available, and all modulation happens at sample (audio) rate. This hurts the CPU in all other modern synths with that feature (Bazille, Repro-1...)
The old ones are ok, but the newer ones like Razor, Prism, Kontour, Polyplex ... etc are not low CPU synths. My point is if you want a modern design with on par sounds with synths like Prism or Kontour is very difficult to achieve to be playable on average CPU. You might find alteranitive to Massive sound (although still not the same), but there is none to replace FM8 and Absynth5 with the same detailed design.

Anyway, very few new released synths that can be called CPU friendly. Icarus comes to mind. Most of the other new ones are CPU hogs, Reaktor or not!

Well, it's kinda always been like that- new technologies exploit the increases in processing power. There are some areas where this is beneficial, but what I think is awesome is that for many sounds you simply don't need to use massive CPU hog, the stuff that rocked our world 10 years ago still sounds fine today when the sound design or song doesn't need the latest and greatest advances.

Yes, I agree. We don't need all our sounds to be from the latest synths. We still can use both the old and the new for best practical results :tu:

Getting back to the OP, perhaps these would help:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ama-ZODE-Quali ... ar+glasses

Back to the OT, why would NI not want to implement GUI scaling in Massive and Kontakt? They are popular, and it's just a GUI - they're not twiddling SSE instruction codes or figuring out how to make their processes split evenly over multiple cores. Custom Kontakt scripts could be handled the the same way Windows does for its icons - if the bitmapped resources are only available in a single resolution (ie all legacy scripts) they're upsampled and look a bit blurry; if they're included in multiple resolutions (a new standard), the one closest to the display scaling is chosen.

I'm not saying GUI code is easy, but it's much easier than writing SSE-enabled, multi-threaded DSP code. I'd think it would take a competent coder less time to make it, and interest more buyers, than it would to chase down some arcane musical instrument halfway around the world, sample the daylights out of it, and then script K5 Maltese Urinal Drums Pro.

Please, EvilDragon, use your influence at NI to let them know that folks able to afford Komplete are also likely to purchase a laptop with a modern display that makes the product unusable. (Yes, I've posted as much on the NI forum also, but I get the distinct impression they do not listen to their forums. Maybe they listen to you.)

who cares about the GUI. in an ideal world, you'd never even look at it because you'd have Kore 3, or even Kore 4 by now, and you wouldn't even be bothered to patch by mouse if you were paid for it. that's what people need to harass NI about. they're sitting on the control surface code and absolutely not using it, lord knows why.

acYm wrote:who cares about the GUI. in an ideal world, you'd never even look at it because you'd have Kore 3, or even Kore 4 by now, and you wouldn't even be bothered to patch by mouse if you were paid for it. that's what people need to harass NI about. they're sitting on the control surface code and absolutely not using it, lord knows why.
I care. And i don't have 'only' a midi controller in my ideal world. Best of both would be the solution for me, to be honest.

AnalogGuy1 wrote:Please, EvilDragon, use your influence at NI to let them know that folks able to afford Komplete are also likely to purchase a laptop with a modern display that makes the product unusable. (Yes, I've posted as much on the NI forum also, but I get the distinct impression they do not listen to their forums. Maybe they listen to you.)
Implying I have any influence at NI. Protip: I don't, I'm just a beta-tester like all the others. :party:

Hasn't the developer of Massive long since left NI ?
They are not a forward thinking company in terms of code re-use, the developers of Maschine left and they had to recode it from the ground up and lie about why they were doing it(Faster continual updates haha) that is simply not going to happen with Massive, Massive doesn't shift expensive hardware or sample packs, those are NIs two main businesses nowadays.
Duh

EvilDragon wrote:
AnalogGuy1 wrote:Please, EvilDragon, use your influence at NI to let them know that folks able to afford Komplete are also likely to purchase a laptop with a modern display that makes the product unusable. (Yes, I've posted as much on the NI forum also, but I get the distinct impression they do not listen to their forums. Maybe they listen to you.)
Implying I have any influence at NI. Protip: I don't, I'm just a beta-tester like all the others. :party:
Beta test result: cannot use prerelease of Kontakt because impossible to see on my 4k monitor. Difficult to elaborate further because I keep having to tell KVR denizens that beta testers don't call the shots. :wink:

bungle wrote:Hasn't the developer of Massive long since left NI ?
Wolfram Franke, one of the main coders of the Waldorf synths, has left the company too, and their last soft synth, Nave, was coded mainly by Rolf Wöhrmann, who had nothing to do with earlier Waldorf synths. I don't think it's a main issue, if you get comfortable with the way a software was written, and you get supported by other involved in the software design too. Actually Rolf did kind of miracles, considering that Nave doesn't sound much worse compared to Largo, but takes less CPU, and can even run on the iPad. I'm sure NI have many capable coders on their hand, so i doubt that will pose a problem.

if Anything Need Gui re-sizing its Kontakt Key mapping UGH !!!

I nedd It Much bigger thant is available, i'd like To have 3/4 of the Screen Plz..Same for Loop page
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

chk071 wrote:
bungle wrote:Hasn't the developer of Massive long since left NI ?
Wolfram Franke, one of the main coders of the Waldorf synths, has left the company too, and their last soft synth, Nave, was coded mainly by Rolf Wöhrmann, who had nothing to do with earlier Waldorf synths. I don't think it's a main issue, if you get comfortable with the way a software was written, and you get supported by other involved in the software design too. Actually Rolf did kind of miracles, considering that Nave doesn't sound much worse compared to Largo, but takes less CPU, and can even run on the iPad. I'm sure NI have many capable coders on their hand, so i doubt that will pose a problem.
The original developers of Maschine left, they recoded it entirely V2, then the developers of V2 left, and now features get bolted on rather than integrated properly, coincidence ?
We have no idea if it would be a problem or not.
Duh

Return to “Instruments”