Orchestral library

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:WTF is it with people here lately giving me orders?
and fries .. don't forget the fries. :D
I'm really not in the mood.

But since I have nothing better to do right now, I'm going to try to explain this as clearly as I can. Maybe somebody just might grok what I'm saying.

I went to the VSL site. I was curious as to what these "amazing" libraries sounded like that a whole collection commands a price tag of $12,000, which is like 4 times the price of the entire EWQL collection. I was expecting to hear the difference that I hear when I compare EWQL to GPO which I have and which is a HORRIBLE excuse for an orchestra. I did my symphony with GPO and regret it but it was the only library that had articulations recognized by Finale 2012. So I was stuck with it.

But I digress. When I went to the VSL site and listened to EVERY SINGLE DEMO THAT WAS THERE, I did NOT hear the difference that I hear between EWQL and GPO. In fact, I heard very little difference at all. Certainly not the $8,000 difference between their complete collections.

EWQL, IMO, sound wise, especially the strings and brass, which is all I really give a crap about anyway, is comparable to VSL. There's certainly no $8,000 difference in the sounds.

Personally, I use mostly EWQL Hollywood Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Symphonic Orchestra. I have other libraries by them but don't use them as much.

Is VSL better as far as memory management, ease of use, CPU usage and all that other stuff. Maybe. Hell, probably. Who cares? I pay for sound. And unless I hear EWQL vs GPO difference in sound (which I don't) there is no point to my spending $12,000 on a collection that might give me marginal improvement.

I hope this explanation is satisfactory because ultimately, if MY ears can't hear a big difference, that's ALL that matters to ME.

And with that, I am DONE explaining myself.

Don't know how advanced a library you are looking for but I am looking as well because the song I did with EWQL I would like to remix but not with something so bathed in unremovable reverb. :x

I found UVI has two libraries; one is ICRAM solo instruments which is $300 and the lesser one is $200. Sound good enough for me.Hope this helps!

wagtunes wrote:
I went to the VSL site. I was curious as to what these "amazing" libraries sounded like that a whole collection commands a price tag of $12,000, which is like 4 times the price of the entire EWQL collection.

EWQL, IMO, sound wise, especially the strings and brass, which is all I really give a crap about anyway, is comparable to VSL. There's certainly no $8,000 difference in the sounds.
wagtunes , you are completly wrong about this .

your 12 00 Dollar you are referring too are the complete VSL Collection with all librarys VSL has to offer . and the whole EWQL Diamond series with the complete EW Library Series it is in the same price range .

i really wonder where you have seen this information and why you got it wrong ?

and as mentioned VSL and Orchestral tools have the most recorded articulations as well . and not to forget which people overlook as well the EWQL librarys cant be resold you stuck with them forever unless you trying to sell it illegal , VSL Librarys can be resold if you dont have an use anymore . i never resold anything i have bought but it is really good to know you can do it if ever something happen .

DrumAddict wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I went to the VSL site. I was curious as to what these "amazing" libraries sounded like that a whole collection commands a price tag of $12,000, which is like 4 times the price of the entire EWQL collection.

wagtunes , you are completly wrong about this .

your 12 00 Dollar you are referring too are the complete VSL Collection with all librarys VSL has to offer . and the whole EWQL Diamond series with the complete EW Library Series it is in the same price range .

i really wonder where you have seen this information and why you got it wrong ?

and as mentioned VSL and Orchestral tools have the most recorded articulations as well . and not to forget which people overlook as well the EWQL librarys cant be resold you stuck with them forever unless you trying to sell it illegal , VSL Librarys can be resold if you dont have an use anymore . i never resold anything i have bought but it is really good to know you can do it if ever something happen .
You're on drugs. Go ahead to the EWQL site and price every product that they have, many of which don't even have anything to do with orchestral instruments, and the total price of EVERYTHING isn't anywhere NEAR $12,000.

Diamond Strings, Brass and Woodwinds are $330 each.

That's a little over $1,300 for their main libraries.

Throw in Symphonic Orchestra and Choirs and you're still not even up to $2,000.

So yeah, you're on some kind of crazy drugs if you think EWQL is anywhere NEAR the cost of VSL.

But hell, don't take my word for it. Go to the site and price everything.

Actually, if you go to this page right now...

http://www.soundsonline.com/Hollywood-Orchestra

You can get Diamond Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and percussion, diamond being their top of the line articulations, mic positions, etc. for $649.

So yeah, you're on drugs if you think EWQL costs anywhere near what VSL costs.

wagtunes wrote:
So yeah, you're on drugs
the only thing i can see that you have real mental problems , and calling people they are on drugs does not help you at all . and you really wonder when it looks like that people goes up against you here on KVR ?

i´m out of this discussion and you won and i dont want discuss with people like you who cant take critism .
and again calling people they are on drugs as you are basically an developer , what do you think when your customer reading those things .

good luck to you in general

This belongs in sample libraries forum.
viewforum.php?f=42

DrumAddict wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
So yeah, you're on drugs
the only thing i can see that you have real mental problems , and calling people they are on drugs does not help you at all . and you really wonder when it looks like that people goes up against you here on KVR ?

i´m out of this discussion and you won and i dont want discuss with people like you who cant take critism .
and again calling people they are on drugs as you are basically an developer , what do you think when your customer reading those things .

good luck to you in general
What's the matter? Can't handle it when somebody tells you you're wrong? EWQL does NOT cost as much as VSL.

End of discussion.

DrumAddict wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Listen to the first 16 tracks of this play list.
sorry to say this , but these are not real orchestral compositions imo , and sorry after the 3 th track i stopped listening as everything in those 3 tracks sounds similar and the same .

again i would like to know which of EWQL Librarys you compare with the VSL ones without any excuses .
Look, I'm sorry for saying you were on drugs (it's an American expression and not to be taken literally) but when you say things like the above to me, telling me my compositions are not orchestral and then start giving me orders on what to do, yeah, I get pissed off.

I clearly PROVED that EWQL prices are not even close to VSL prices. They're not even in the same league.

So regardless of what you hear and think about VSL, I don't hear that kind of price difference in the sound.

It's that simple.

wagtunes wrote: I clearly PROVED that EWQL prices are not even close to VSL prices. They're not even in the same league.
you proved nothing and want ever have the last word , not in the same league , it looks like you dont even know what you are talking about . maybe you are good on your synth based things but ...

and i stay to this that after the first 3 tracks i stopped listening , because it has started becomes boring as everything in those 3 tracks sounded similar and same . and this are my opinion about .

now i´m real out of this discussion , good luck in the future for you .

DrumAddict wrote:
wagtunes wrote: I clearly PROVED that EWQL prices are not even close to VSL prices. They're not even in the same league.
you proved nothing and want ever have the last word , not in the same league , it looks like you dont even know what you are talking about . maybe you are good on your synth based things but ...

and i stay to this that after the first 3 tracks i stopped listening , because it has started becomes boring as everything in those 3 tracks sounded similar and same . and this are my opinion about .

now i´m real out of this discussion , good luck in the future for you .
My lousy music doesn't change the price of EWQL libraries vs VSL libraries. You are unreal. The proof is right there on the page in black and white and you won't even concede that you're wrong.

Un freaking believable.

And one last thing.

Yes, when somebody tells me I'm wrong when I'm clearly NOT, I will get the last word.

I made just two claims. One fact and one personal opinion.

1) Fact - EWQL prices are much less than VSL prices.

2) Opinion - I don't hear enough of a difference in the two libraries to justify paying that much more money for VSL.

That is ALL I said. You're the one making a federal case out of it and telling me that I'm wrong on fact 1.

That's what pisses me off about this place, when people can't just admit when they're wrong.

And my comment about the libraries not being in the same league was about the prices, NOT about the sound. The prices. Not the sound. The prices.

Do we understand each other now?

If anybody wants to hear what EWQL Hollywood Strings Diamond Edition sounds like when done by somebody with talent, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_faL-t0Leo

A fraction of the VSL library.

Comparing apples to apples, just taking the strings alone.

The VSL orchestral strings goes for 990 Euro which is $1,045 US dollars.

The EWQL Hollywood strings goes for $330. That's 1/3 the cost of the VSL strings.

So how anybody can say that these libraries cost the same is beyond me.

But I guess people will just want to say what they want to say and that makes it the truth.

I am beyond flabbergasted.

It's because you're not considering special editions and other bundle offers. You can get a quite capable full orchestra with solo instruments for $300, and at that price point it's equal to or better than spending the equivalent amount on EW.

Return to “Instruments”