Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

3545 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 am What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Like, there's a lot of great stuff out there, but every now and again I try something that just sounds like it's on a whole new level of goodness.

I'll list mine:

Sly-Fi- all of them but for me personally Axis and Deflector made the biggest impression. That EQ is just so right and the compressor does the distortion really well.

Sonimus Tuco Buttery Smooth

Exponential Audio Phoenix - A sort of mixing glue magic. The tails just don't clutter up the mix.

Relab VSR-24 - TC 6000, No explanation needed.

Slate's VMR - I really liked all the processors in this one, especially the custom EQ's

Softube Flanger - Best software flanger I've ever used

Yamaha RND Portico - I so wish you didn't need an e-licencer for these. Still sound amazing to my ears

Funny thing is, I don't own any of the above, I've either had them in the past or just used demos. The VSR is probably something I'll actually get next but if I could I'd have most of this list.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Serum, DUNE2, HIVE, Spire, DIVA, Sylenth, Lush-101 and others
dark water
KVRist

314 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Big shout about the Flanger - I'll have to check it out.

For me, the Unfiltered Audio boys have been producing some top bananas recently.

ps, I'd be all over Audio Thing's new space echo delay vst if I didn't happen to have an actual RE-201 snuggled up right next to me.
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2029 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Black Box HG-2 and Pro-R are doing it for me :) We are in an age of quality code.
Winstontaneous
KVRian

1006 posts since 14 Feb, 2006, from Berkeley, CA

Postby Winstontaneous; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:38 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Funny, it's mostly stuff I've already had for a while that I'm figuring out.

Valhalla Room - Was my least favorite of all the Valhalla 'verbs until I discovered the power of the Depth control (balance of Early/Late reflections). This reverb has something beautiful in the top end I haven't heard elsewhere.

Ableton (Cytomic) The Glue compressor - Again, finally getting the hang of dialing it in for individual tracks vs. buses, and sidechaining. Never really was a huge fan of "SSL" style compressors, but now I get it.

Airwindows - Too many to mention, but Density (comp), FathomFive (sub generator) and PyeWacket (comp) do things nothing else does. Minimal GUI makes you rely on your ears.

SoundToys EchoBoy Jr. - Just really easy to get great sounds quickly.

PSP MixPack - The saturation options, and ability to dial in immense but controllable bottom end, are remarkable.

NI Replika XT - I've only tried the demo, it sounds outstanding and strikes a great balance between tweakability and usability.
xalama qo
KVRian

1049 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Focusrite Red Suite, superb :tu:
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
Jax Pok
KVRist

492 posts since 1 Mar, 2015, from UK

Postby Jax Pok; Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:25 pm Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

TC Electronic Vicious Vibe
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
TC Electronic Hyper gravity

That's my guitar effects shopping list only heard them on youtube.
Fleer
KVRAF

2909 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Slate VMR
Soundtoys 5
Realivox Ladies
Spitfire Albion One
Sugar-Bytes Factory
Zynaptiq Adaptiverb
Wavesfactory Mercury
Bechstein Digital Grand
SampleLogic Rhythmology
FabFilter Essentials bundle
Embertone Intimate Strings
ImpactSoundworks Shakuhachi
SynthMaster Everything Bundle
OrangeTreeSamples Modern Nylon
incubus
KVRAF

5233 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby incubus; Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:03 pm Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

I heard what was unmistakably silence for 24 seconds, that was amazing.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9026 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 pm Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

incubus wrote:I heard what was unmistakably silence for 24 seconds, that was amazing.

On kvr? that would have been amazing!

All things Flux/Ircam!
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

Postby Aiynzahev; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

Oh yes, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb is awesome.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Serum, DUNE2, HIVE, Spire, DIVA, Sylenth, Lush-101 and others
LFO8
KVRian

582 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Postby LFO8; Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:08 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Black Box HG-2 and Pro-R are doing it for me :) We are in an age of quality code.

+1 on these. Black Box HG-2 is amazing.
ImageAsylum Sound Music and Sound Design
RamblinWreck
KVRist

44 posts since 20 Nov, 2016

Postby RamblinWreck; Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

The combination of Soundtoys EchoBoy and Valhalla Shimmer. Really subtle delays gave the reverb a really peaceful-sounding flutter.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I really love Omnisphere 2's "waveshaper" options. The distortion does some really cool things to sounds while still feeling controlled. Really easy to grunge things up without smearing it to nothing.
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

Postby Aiynzahev; Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:43 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

LFO8 wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Black Box HG-2 and Pro-R are doing it for me :) We are in an age of quality code.

+1 on these. Black Box HG-2 is amazing.

I have not tried the HG-2 yet, but I did recently try this and I really liked it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWY-DSZD17U
Aiynzahev-sounds
e@rs
KVRAF

2941 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 am Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

ValhallaRoom and PianoVerb 2. Both recently bought.
Apratim
KVRist

133 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:01 pm Re: What have you heard recently that really impressed?

for me meldaproductions MMultiBandConvolution is my best purchase with a huge set of ir files and plus you can modify that ir with various parameters and plus you can make your own ir sample(there is a video on their site)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg8RdeB-dwI&t=236s

the making of IR is explained at 3:24

Bonus:you can steal other plugins special reverb algorithm(Valhalla Shimmer for eg) by creating your own IR using the above melda method

after that i purchased the whole melda bundle so i have nothing shortage of any effect
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects