A plugin that can do this?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have recently purchased an Arturia Drumbrute which supports up to 12 outputs ... I don't have any inputs available on my main interface but I do have a spare Tascam interface with 8 inputs. Is there anything in plugin in land that will connect to this spare interface and make those connections available to the DAW? I am windows based and use Cubase which can't aggregate audio interfaces. asio4all is not a viable solution.

Wrong forum!
Can't help either, unfortunately. :(

Moved from Music Cafe to Computer Setup etc. Not sure that's the right forum either, but I'll start there. Easy enough to move it again. If OP (or anyone else, really) has a better suggestion, please let me know.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks for moving this .. computer setup seems appropriate. - Scotty

Afaik plugins don't have access to physical audio inputs / outputs, only the DAW has (someone correct me if wrong).

I've read that ASIO4ALL works in some cases for using more than one interface simultaniously, but I never tried this myself.

edit:
Missed your last sentence...

If both interfaces had ADAT...

In don't think that this would work as the adat outputs still have to enter a single interface.
bustedfist wrote:If both interfaces had ADAT...

So I was thinking something like the Electron over- bridge technology but generic. Some external instruments seem to be able to ouput into a DAW without becoming the DAWs main interface.

Scotty wrote:In don't think that this would work as the adat outputs still have to enter a single interface.

No, one sends to the other and that driver's used in the host.

Right, So I use dual RME raydats and i have already used all of the adat inputs and outpus (8 pairs). So there is no room left on the interface for more. That is I why I was hoping for a plugin that would be able to pipe audio from another asio interface. There is just no room left in the in. I could just unplug stuff but I prefer to have everything setup as external instruments and effects. It doesn't sound like I will get my wish and it probably has something to do with the VST sdk. I do appreciate your input, thanks.
bustedfist wrote:
Scotty wrote:In don't think that this would work as the adat outputs still have to enter a single interface.

No, one sends to the other and that driver's used in the host.

Scotty wrote:Right, So I use dual RME raydats and i have already used all of the adat inputs
Guess I missed this info in the OP.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”