Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Allomerus
KVRAF

1746 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:02 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

MickGael wrote:I really dug the section beginning at 1:40 and again at 2:04.

Thanks Mick. I like the descending lines too! :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:04 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Frantz wrote:HULK SMASH JAIL! HULK NO JOKE! Image

A rich, involving composition with lots of variations. The keyboard work is especially tasty. Very nice mix. The video was interesting and complemented the music. Great job! :tu:

Hi Frantz. Thanks so much. I'll let Kai know about your comments on his fabulous keyboard playing! :)

P.S. Love your gif, very nice. ;)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:06 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

M.Brösel wrote:Oh Oh Oh, what can I say? Nothing......... :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
......what a Guit from 2:47 :clap:

All the best.
M.

Thanks M! Great to hear from you. Appreciate your support and I very glad you enjoyed it. :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
seismic1
KVRAF

8549 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:17 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Lots to like on here. I can hear hints of Yes, especially in the keyboard playing. I loved the Moog? solo from 0:30-1:00 followed by the e-piano, and there was even some 'tron thrown in for good measure. The fretless? bass playing was excellent too. It was a great fit with Paul's drumming. The vocals were quite creepy in that they were more textural than lyrical in nature. I enjoyed the guitar solo - it had quite an "angry/powerful" vibe. A very enjoyable ride.

Good work :)
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:06 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

seismic1 wrote:Lots to like on here. I can hear hints of Yes, especially in the keyboard playing. I loved the Moog? solo from 0:30-1:00 followed by the e-piano, and there was even some 'tron thrown in for good measure. The fretless? bass playing was excellent too. It was a great fit with Paul's drumming. The vocals were quite creepy in that they were more textural than lyrical in nature. I enjoyed the guitar solo - it had quite an "angry/powerful" vibe. A very enjoyable ride.

Good work :)

Hi Tim. Thanks for your comments. Always great to hear from you! The keys were Kai of course he is very talented and a joy to work with... The rhythm section was awesome, Kjell is a gifted bass player and Paul is always on song! Even if he didn't tell us which one... The vocals were meant to be another 'instrument' rather than the focus of the track so I went for texture so it would lead into the lead...
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Hezekiel
KVRist

182 posts since 12 Dec, 2011

Postby Hezekiel; Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:19 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

You guys are great! Cool song and there was even anarchy in the song. Well played. Mix was good.
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:49 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Hezekiel wrote:You guys are great! Cool song and there was even anarchy in the song. Well played. Mix was good.

Thanks Hezekiel from all of us! A bit of anarchy always give music some spice... ;)
Glad you enjoyed it. I'll let kai know you thought his mix was good! :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
aaron aardvark
KVRian

1309 posts since 22 Jan, 2011, from near Los Angeles

Postby aaron aardvark; Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:25 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Thank you for the reviews! This was the most recent thread with your music where I didn't already review the song. The synths sound nice. Is that real fretless bass I hear (nice)? Sounds mostly 80's (fine by me), kind of avant guard at times. I liked the more melodic elements the best. Impressive lead guitar. Sounds like it took some definite talent to produce this. :)
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:36 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Thanks Aaron. This track had a real bass player 'Kjell Johansson' who I must say is a great talent on the bass.
Started with my brother playing drums to a track we didn't know and Kai and I composed the new music for it.
Since found out the drum track was a Dream Theater song!!!! :0
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
ChamMusic
KVRist

228 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

What a listen...did it early in the morning and my day is now buzzing! :0)

For me this brought back memories of Pierre van der Linden, Thijs Van Leer and Co at their best...cleverly crafted quirkiness!
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

ChamMusic wrote:What a listen...did it early in the morning and my day is now buzzing! :0)

For me this brought back memories of Pierre van der Linden, Thijs Van Leer and Co at their best...cleverly crafted quirkiness!

Thanks ChamMusic! Glad you enjoyed it. I sent you lovely comment to the others. I am sure they would love to read it.

Would have been quicker to respond but I have been busy as we released our latest album on bandcamp yesterday...

Cheers,
John
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
ChamMusic
KVRist

228 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

'Unexpected Journeys'...found it...just having a listen right now!
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
bedlamite
KVRist

34 posts since 3 Sep, 2016

Postby bedlamite; Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Great work. Really like some of the things the keyboard player did. At 3:46, the music reminded me of some YES songs :)
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

ChamMusic wrote:'Unexpected Journeys'...found it...just having a listen right now!

Hope you found something you liked!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 am Re: Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

bedlamite wrote:Great work. Really like some of the things the keyboard player did. At 3:46, the music reminded me of some YES songs :)

Thanks bedlamite! Kai is a fabulous player, I'll let him know about your comment... If you want to hear more of his playing search for Kaiboard.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Previous

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe