Return track monitoring not working correctly.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using BWS 2.0 on an Macbook and also on Windows.
When using a multi input/output plugin (Omnisphere / Kontakt etc) and setting an audio track to monitor an output chain, you can record the chain but do not see the levels in the mixer. When you play back your recorded clip then you can see the levels.

If you set the input of the recording audio track to none. Install and audio receiver on the audio track with its input to the same returning chain you can see the levels in the mixer.

Why does this matter. To be able to play layered sounds live and see what your levels are.

I think the monitor is not working correctly for Chains coming in although it does record them. Levels work when playing back the recorded clip.

Any thoughts.

Regards,
Troy...

Ok, so If you choose the audio tracks input to 'Post' instead of 'pre' you can monitor the levels so long as you don't record arm the track...which is ok, because when you record arm the track it means you're going to record, and you'll see the levels during recording anyway
...So for whatever reason, bitwig makes it so you can't see the levels when you select pre fader...?? Weird...But Interesting too. I'm sure there is good reason for this, and that I am just not yet seeing it. It'll come to me in a dream lol

Thanks Alex.... I will remember Post fader.

Return to “Bitwig”