Eh. Psp going back to PACE.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Being up to date with what's going on in the release scene does not say anything about being a legit user. And the point still stands that it's the legitimate users who get shafted in this case.
No signature here!

DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
As always legit users (like me) are the most affected for bad implementations of copy protections, because warez users use a better version than me.
Good job psp
an legit user which looks like very well informed whats cracked .

personal if ive reading your message i higly dont believe that , that you are an legit user .
I don't need to proove nor justify to you if I am a legit user or not. What you believe or not is absolutely irrelevant because nobody cares.

And yes, I am well informed of everything, not only audio stuff. As a legit user I like to be informed of everything related to my stuff. For good or for bad.

robotmonkey wrote:Being up to date with what's going on in the release scene does not say anything about being a legit user. And the point still stands that it's the legitimate users who get shafted in this case.
+1

Himalama wrote: One of the main reasons for buying a nice collection of PSP plugins was the fact they didn't use eLicenser/iLok/PACE stuff.
None of these licensing systems will ever enter my system.
The fact you don't need the physical iLok USB dongle doesn't make it any better. It's all the same garbage to me.

..... they lost me as a customer and are back on my blacklist together with the other iLok/eLicenser worshipping companies that will never see one cent out of my pocket, no matter how fabulous their products are. Every piece of software is replaceable and hardly any of them is essential to produce music.
+1

DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
As always legit users (like me) are the most affected for bad implementations of copy protections, because warez users use a better version than me.
Good job psp

personal if ive reading your message i higly dont believe that , that you are an legit user .
+1

Very strange how many users here know from day one what is cracked and what not.
I for myself do NOT no that as I don't browse these sites...

rasmusklump wrote:
+1

Very strange how many users here know from day one what is cracked and what not.
I for myself do NOT no that as I don't browse these sites...
+1

very strange , and for sure "they are browsing these sites only"

Are you going to discuss something so useless as to where people browse or get the information from, or are we going to discuss that the supposed implementation to protect their product has proved absolutely useless and only harm paying customers using more resources and the hassle of the new license system?

I personally don't have any ILok stuff because I had problems with the license manager in my system. That's why I chose psp products. Now I feel betrayed and knowing that warez users can take advantage of using a better and faster version than us legit users makes me mad.
Last edited by ferranastals on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
Good job psp

You are imagining and exaggerating this and accusing him for something he probably is not.

I work with some developers and as a part of their tasks or beta people task (but usually it is someone inside of or close to company) is to check these "releases" and eventually put red flag on them and report them where needed.

This does not make person less legit user or something. You gotta check it somehow. And people do this.

As such i do in fact read these NFO documents for some products and i do install these products and test them on my laptop. I know for at least two cases (i can not use names) where companies did not even know for these releases.

There is no need for me to use them or to advocate them nor do i recommend them. Simply i buy my plugins as simple as that.

However sadly, wicked or unreal some of the info is in these NFO - most of it happen to be true.

They could have picked worse time to introduce iLok protection... not. :roll:

~5 years ago, yes. Now, no way. Very unwise decision IMHO. :(
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

It does appear to be rather a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I too bought a lot of PSP products because of their userfriendly and straightforward authorization method.

Now I am in the process of selling all my PSP stuff. Pace sucks balls IMHO so I will get rid of their stuff and call it a day.

DrumAddict wrote:
sprnva wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I wonder how they are getting round not charging the iLok fee as I thought that was a charge levied by Pace, not the developer?
I'd also like to know this.
me too i would also like to know this .
I still believe PACE is offering some kind of inducements/kickbacks to get companies to sign up.

Unless PSP is paying our transfer fees. :hihi:

I heard that they were in the same masonic lodge.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

There goes my respect to PSP. From A-list company to out of the list. Damn I just recently purchased FETpressor and 2445 reverb and now I can´t get updates for them and older plugins..

aMUSEd wrote:It does appear to be rather a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.
I'm Chris from Airwindows. Always sold Mac-only, now it's AU/VST so I get PC users. I think I have a perspective on all this, but it ain't pretty.

My own reaction to the implosion of the software market was to go full Patreon: it acts kind of like a subscription, except it's purely voluntary, and if you quit you still get to keep all your free plugins and they all continue to work. It's an extension of how I always insisted on being DRM-free (since 2007, Airwindows plugins are GUI and DRM free and are a little over 350K in size, and that's the AU triple binary, PPC/x86/x64. There is no code to do anything but the audio)

So it's the opposite of what most of the rest of the industry is doing. This works about as well as you'd expect :lol: meaning, it's been a BRUTAL pay cut, but I sleep better at night and I am immune from further industry disasters, and so are all my users.

Here's the thing: I do think they're all moving toward Gobbler/subscription. But it's a race to the bottom. They're trying to starve each other out, low-ball each other, with Gobbler sitting there being delighted at how it's all working. The idea is if you can do the subscription thing and outlast everybody else, you can end up like Adobe, sitting on a cash cow as the only source of great plugins, only available by rental.

I say, nope :D

Mind you, if you need the flashy GUIs and ads in retail catalogs and to see your plugin devs going to NAMM and making really flashy videos with high production values, you will have to pay them. I tell you in all honesty that the ONLY reason I can do my Patreon thing (even if $600 a month seems little, it's more than 95% of all Patreon) is because it's an extension of what I was already doing, and people recognized that.

It's much like anything else: there's not a lot of room for two guys doing that. I was able to start out back when plugin sales could earn you a living, and I was able to transition over to the new way of doing things because I have a titanic back catalog of plugins and I'm willing to port 'em to free VST. I don't think you can start out as a plugin dev on Patreon and just do a couple and have that work the same way. It's ten years of reputation (as an audio madman and sometimes internet arguer) that makes it possible

I think I've got a right to say the 'DRMed subscription model' is a terrible thing, because I'm putting my money where my mouth is (and losing tons of it, but meh: this is growing, the sales were declining)

I think a lot of companies' sales are declining, but you won't hear them say that. How can they? But this is why they jump for something like PACE or Gobbler. The promise is that they'll make more money, and it can be impossible to ignore. Again, for a while there my income was literally decimated: 1/10th what it was in great years like 2011 when I invented Console. It's better now but I had to be very tough and frugal. As a one-man company I can do that if I really have to, but some companies literally can't, so they have to bet on the PACE/Gobbler/etc thing working, or they're done.

jinxtigr wrote:Again, for a while there my income was literally decimated: 1/10th what it was in great years like 2011 when I invented Console.
If you want to be literal, decimate means to remove BY 1/10th, so you would've had to maintain 9/10ths of your income. :)

Return to “Effects”