Envelopes in Bitwig are terrible

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love workflow of polysynth more then every other 3rd party synth but on the other hand I avoid doing any kind of stab/pluck sound on it becouse of broken ADSR character.

Just listen to comparison of short pitch modulation of Hive and Polysynth ( hive is first obviously ):
http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/vL1VJEUx/file.html

Other thing that Ive noticed is little randomnes in modulation depth that occurs all the time. Example below shows visual comparison of very short pluck in Hive and Poly.
You can clearly see inconsistencies which results in plucks being randomly more and less stabbier in polysynth.

I wish I could get rid of every 3rd party instrument and use only polysynth but this is the only thing that keeps me away from doing that.

So yeah....... this is my biggest request for Bitwig right now and I hope that some future update or maybe even Poly2 will make me happy.

Interesting find. Synths vary. Envelopes vary. The Oberheim OBx envelopes were wildly inconsistent, and that was part of the sound. Just curious, why the fixation on using only one synth? Instead of "this should do this" why not go with "this does this"? You've discovered something that others weren't aware of, and now we know too, so thanks for sharing the knowledge. :)

Maykie wrote:I love workflow of polysynth more then every other 3rd party synth but on the other hand I avoid doing any kind of stab/pluck sound on it becouse of broken ADSR character.
On the Polysynth, under the Sync knobs for Osc 1 and 2 are buttons with 'R' in them

That is OSC retrigger mode. If you enable re-trigger, then every hit will sound the same. It is not the Env's that are causing the variation you are seeing, but the Osc's.

pdxindy wrote:
On the Polysynth, under the Sync knobs for Osc 1 and 2 are buttons with 'R' in them

That is OSC retrigger mode. If you enable re-trigger, then every hit will sound the same.
Good to know :D

Return to “Bitwig”