If you could just choose 2 reverbs and 2 delay plugins, what would you pick?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

flstudio delaybank and rob papen delay covers almost everything delaywise!
sandman and tritik tkdelay are also very nice but didnt buy them yet.i also have spectral delay,reaktor delays and loads more delays :)

2017 thread reboot? I'm wondering how things have changed or if the classics have stayed strong through the years.
For me...

Reverb:
Slate Verbsuite Classics (great authentic sounding spaces. Don't love poking around through models and decay times but I rarely fail to find something that fits perfectly)
FabFilter Pro-R (top of the heap algorithmic reverb IMO. So easy and fun to dial in. I could easily make this my desert island reverb).

Delay: (Edited!)
Waves H-Delay (this classic never fails me. Never found another like it. Analog model 3 is so unique. Love it).
Timeless 2 The more I dig in to this, the more I love it. I love that I can craft pretty much any delay I want with this. The modulation section used to look like rocket science to me until I just made myself sit down with it and experimented. I can created tape warble as subtle or as tweaked as I want with XLFOs. I orginally had Repeater in this spot, but after playing around with Timeless 2 I think Repeater is getting the heave ho (meaning I just won't use it as much). Repeater is on the Slate Subscription though. I may end up not renewing it because I've gotten so many great options already to replace some of the bundled stuff.
Last edited by skiltrip on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

Valhalla Vintage Verb, Valhalla Room

Replika XT, Ableton Live Dub Machines
dedication to flying

Pro-R and Adaptiverb.
EchoBoy and Timeless 2.

Reverberate 2 with Surefyre's Yamaha SPX90 IR pack. VVV if you allow me another outright plugin.

Echoboy and tkDelay.

Same old same old...
ValhallaVintageVerb
Cubase's Revelation

ValhallaUberMod
u-He Satin (Smashing flanging)

Reverb:

LogicPro's Space Designer
Valhalla Vintage

Delay:

RobPapen Delay
Echoboy

Deleted because the commentator missed the point of the thread, which OP has in his mind.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reverb:

Relab VSR-S24
Valhalla Plate

Delay:

NI Replika
Valhalla FreqEcho

B2 + Valhalla Room

Relayer + Replika XT (and I don't even own it yet - I'm still waiting for the upgrade to go half price in a sale)

I'd stick with Valhalla VV but take either Sanford Reverb or Orilriver instead of Floodverb now, would be really hard to choose between them.

Delays would now be Ubermod and Sandman Pro. Hate to lose my day to day delay, tkdelay, but the others can cover it and have so many other tricks up their collective sleeves.

Aether and B2.

Sandman Pro and Replika.

Reverbs:
Melda MultibandConvolution
Lagrange

Delays
Spaceship Delay
Lagrange

I sometimes use Tim Exile's S.L.O.W and a few other Reaktor reverbs, but most of the time it's just those three.

Reverb:
Aether
B2

Delay:
Valhalla Ubermod
UVI Relayer (don't own this one...yet)

Harry_HH wrote:Two is not enough, each tool has it edge, that's why the developers can sell us so many of them.
You are missing the point. Everyone here can justify owning, at a push (or, at least, in front of the missus) everything in their over-stuffed vst folders.

On one hand, it can just be a game of 'let's pretend', but on the other hand it can actually be a good way to start working out which of these plug is not really serving you, or where there is too much overlap. In my case, I have been reinstalling my system, and being brutal about what makes the grade. In coming to my delay choice, for example, I am likely to be selling at least four delay plugins.

Anyway, try to play the game, or maybe start your own thread :tu:

Return to “Effects”