Console emulation plugins for electronic music

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, fair enough. How do they get away with lying on their website and the forums?

@do_androids_dream:

I'm a developer at Harrison and I have answered this question many times. It doesn't hurt to have the discussion again, though.

It is true that, with everything turned off, and levels well below clipping, Mixbus will null with other DAWs down to the dither level. I think we can agree that this is desirable behavior for a DAW.

However, let's analyze those 3 items:
1) "with everything turned off" ... we all agree that things will start changing as soon as you start mixing.
2) "at levels well below clipping" ... Mixbus has built-in saturation & limiting that changes its behavior compared to other DAWs.
3) "down to the dither level" ... Mixbus is an internally dithered engine, so it cannot truly "null" with other DAWs, regardless of your statement. But I agree that it nulls down to a "very quiet level". Now ask yourself: does quiet stuff matter, or not? Some people say no, some say yes.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison

^ Thanks for chiming in :tu:

Return to “Production Techniques”