Should I get NI Komplete 11 Ultimate (from K9)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have K9 and damage and I'm pretty happy with it. I've barely scratched the surface of damage. I'm wondering if i should just upgrade to K11 (for reaktor 6) or go all in with K11 Ultimate?

Any thoughts? I'm worried about the massive download too.

I went for K11 (for Reaktor 6) and do not need K11U

I upgraded from K10 to K11U and already had sprung for Reaktor 6 and Kinetic Metal previously. I think Kinetic Metal is really cool and can make very interesting sounds. I wanted Damage and the orchestral stuff and effects. I guess I was also looking for a father's day present.

For the Ultimate part, if you are looking for some decent effects and also will make use of the Kontakt instruments then yes upgrade. Otherwise no. The sound set in Ultimate for Kontakt is pretty well rounded out. You can also go from the orchestral stuff into weird effects and generate non-orchestral pads and whatnot. The Scarbee instruments are good, too.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

i'm looking to go from K9 to K11U myself, the amount of stuff i'd be getting on top of what i already have is pretty considerable:

FORM
REAKTOR 6
UNA CORDA
SESSION GUITARIST: STRUMMED ACOUSTIC
DISCOVERY SERIES: INDIA
SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS - STRING ENSEMBLE
SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS - BRASS ENSEMBLE
SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS - BRASS SOLO
SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS - WOODWINDS ENSEMBLE
SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS - WOODWINDS SOLO
EMOTIVE STRINGS
FLESH
REPLIKA XT
ACTION STRIKES
ABBEY ROAD 50'S DRUMMER
RISE & HIT
SESSION HORNS PRO
DISCOVERY SERIES: CUBA
MOLEKULAR
SUPERCHARGER GT
ABBEY ROAD VINTAGE DRUMMER
ACTION STRINGS
DAMAGE
ENHANCED EQ
PASSIVE EQ
EVOLVE
RC24
RC48
SCARBEE RICKENBACKER BASS
SKANNER XT
VARI COMP
DRIVER
ABBEY ROAD 70S DRUMMER
ABBEY ROAD 80S DRUMMER
ABBEY ROAD MODERN DRUMMER
ALICIA'S KEYS
BALINESE GAMELAN
EVOLVE MUTATIONS
EVOLVE MUTATIONS 2
GEORGE DUKE SOUL TREASURES
MACHINE DRUM SELECTION
RAZOR
SCARBEE FUNK GUITARIST
SCARBEE JAY BASS
SCARBEE MM-BASS AMPED
SCARBEE PRE-BASS
SCARBEE PRE-BASS AMPED
SESSION STRINGS PRO
THE MOUTH
VC 160
VC 2A
VC 76
DRUMLAB
THE GRANDEUR
THE MAVERICK
THE GENTLEMAN
POLYPLEX
KONTOUR
ROUNDS
KINETIC METAL

i already have a number of these which i've purchased separately (Molekular, Razor, Skanner XT, and my original Reaktor 5 license - unfortunately, i made the mistake of cross-grading to R6 from my Maschine 2 software), so i'm thinking that if i'm able to sell off the extras i'll end up paying about $50-100 out of pocket and have everything "konsolidated" into one. my NI account is a bit of a mess (K9 plus a bunch of single licenses), which is part of why i'd like to do this.

my K11U upgrade price is $299. i could upgrade to K11 (non-Ultimate) for $99, but the list of "new" stuff is much smaller and doesn't include some/most of things that i've already got so i'd lose out on that.

FORM
REAKTOR 6
UNA CORDA
SESSION GUITARIST: STRUMMED ACOUSTIC
DISCOVERY SERIES: INDIA
KINETIC METAL
REPLIKA
ROUNDS
KONTOUR
POLYPLEX
THE MAVERICK
THE GENTLEMAN
THE GRANDEUR
SUPERCHARGER
DRUMLAB
DRIVER
SESSION HORNS

either way, there's going to be a lot of stuff that i probably won't even bother installing this time around.

anyone know exactly how much space a full K11U install takes up?

also, does anyone know if K11U gives you both versions of Replika and Supercharger (original, XT and original/GT), or just the updated (XT, GT) versions?

EDIT: wow, according to this, it does NOT give you the original versions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... it#gid=0[b]

i guess i'll hold on to those then. was going to sell them cheap anyway, and i'd feel a bit guilty even doing that as they were free "NI Christmas gifts" (though i've seen them sold plenty of times). don't need them, but i guess i should keep them.[/b]

Damage, kinetic, evolve, action strikes, rise & hit <- these four make it worth it. My mind is made up now.

Alright now where can you get it the cheapest?

in Komplete 11 you finally get the FULL version of Reaktor 6
komplete 10 only had the player so u couldn't open the Reaktor 5's factory ensembles
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Molekular, Replika XT and Razor, too mention just a few

There are many good things in KU that are not in K ...

Return to “Instruments”