Black Rooster Audio releases Magnetite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE MAGNETITE IS AVAILABLE!

Magnetite is our homage to the sound of magnetitc tape recorders. Simply dial in the desired amount of saturation and warmth using the recording gain knob and Magnetite will add the analog tape sonics that you're looking for to your mixes. Huge drums, distorted loops, saturated vocals, you name it - let Magnetite breathe new life into your tracks. We recommend using Magnetite as the first insert of your chain, just as if your signals were recorded to tape. You can of course put it into different spots if you're going for creative effects.

The Magnetite will be available as a limited time offer for only $59 and a regular price of $89. The offer will be available until the 31st of July, 2017.

Please visit BlackRoosterAudio.com for further info.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC SOUND

We put a lot of thought and work into emulating all the sonic aspects associated with analog tape: Class A recording and playback amplifiers, tape response and saturation, NAB pre- and de-emphasis EQs, the sonic effect of different tape speeds and bias levels, hiss and hum - it's all there. We also added an adjustable wow and flutter feature that emulates frequency modulation (FM) due to motor speed fluctuations.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE

DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY

Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT

All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

J37 anyone?

Can you inverse-link the in- and outputs like on the Waves J37?

soulone82 wrote:J37 anyone?

Can you inverse-link the in- and outputs like on the Waves J37?
Yes, you just have to use "right click" instead of "left click" while moving the knobs.

Wondering what settings you guys like. I feel like BLACK 7.5 IPS sounds the best on the master bus, overall.

At that price, it's a killer deal !

My wallet says: thank you for the generous intro time frame in the first place,
plus: cross month sale ... most devs don`t understand the benefit for both sides.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I'm not trying to be a dick, but is there a way to hide the tape part? It takes away too much screen space without being useful, and the perspective is just so annoyingly incorrect, it really hurts to look at it. Not ugly, just wrong.
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote:I'm not trying to be a dick, but is there a way to hide the tape part? It takes away too much screen space without being useful, and the perspective is just so annoyingly incorrect, it really hurts to look at it. Not ugly, just wrong.
Yes, click on the Magnetite logo :)
It's easy if you know how

My favorite is Black 7.5, Red 15 being the second best :)
It's easy if you know how

first impressions...

das shit is good.

First tape emu that really feels like tape. :pray:

How is CPU?

The tape saturation market is becoming... saturated :D

Congrats on the release - looks gorgeous and I'm sure it sounds as much too.

Pingafuego wrote:How is CPU?
Curious also

I vote their next plug in be a de-esser....
I kid, I kid, but the voiceover in the videoseriously has sibilant issues, to my ears anyway.
rsp
sound sculptist

Pingafuego wrote:How is CPU?
Using Studio One on a Win10 x64 machine, I found CPU usage to be nearly identical with the Waves J37 plugin. Which is to say, it's not exactly CPU-light, and many systems would struggle to run an instance on every track in a typical session. Slate VTM takes less CPU on my system, as does Softube TAPE, but Overloud Tapedesk is the most resource-light tape sim I've tried.

Comparing Magnetite with the Waves version (they apparently model the same machine), to my ears Magnetite had a richer, fuller low end and smoother highs. I liked the sound a lot. The Waves sounded somewhat harsh and thin by comparison, although it may be preferable in some situations. And I still love its delay feature. Would've been interesting to have that with the BR plug.

I must say I agree with the comment that Magnetite's graphical representation of the machine seems off. Good thing you can easily get rid of the tape reels and just have the controls visible.

Anyway, nice job, and fair price for the latest BR offering. Definitely one of the best-sounding tape plugs out there.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Return to “Effects”