Question About the Poly-Modes in Spire

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have a question about the polyphonic modes in Spire. Is there a "mono 3 Portamento flow" or "mono 4 Legato flow" equivalent for poly?

I have a pad sound here with a HPF move at the beginning (ENV4 -> Filter Cutoff). Now I don't want the Env 4 to retrigger that filter move everytime I play a note (while others are being pressed) but only when no other notes are being played at the moment. This works for monophonic sounds in "mono 3" mode, when a note is already pressed and another is played the envelope doesn't trigger again, only when no other note is played.

I can do this in Serum by enabling "Legato", but I can't find a similar feature in Spire.

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance:)

Cheers
Last edited by Rasco on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Does it work in the "Poly 2" mode? It says in the manual that it's a legato mode, but it doesn't say anything about retriggering the envelopes.

chk071 wrote:Does it work in the "Poly 2" mode? It says in the manual that it's a legato mode, but it doesn't say anything about retriggering the envelopes.
No change in envelope behaviour between poly 1 and 2 unfortunately. Only mono 3 and mono 4 don't retrigger the envelopes.

Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com :wink:
Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. It would be nice to have the answer posted here, rather than having to go through support for it. Did anyone find a way to do it?

I'm also wondering if it's possible to get the behavior of an analog envelope stealing. My understanding is that on a typical real analog poly synth when voices are stolen the envelopes start from the last point they were at in the previous voice, rather than completely resetting to 0 like a typical digital envelope would. There are other VA synths that get this envelope behavior correct, such as Diva or Legend or Obsession. Any way to get it in Spire?

Thanks!
Jacob

Return to “Reveal Sound”