Syntronik Instruments... which is the better buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Syntronik not only has the full version with all 17 synths, but also the ability to purchase those synths with the presets individually. Its great for someone who doesnt have 50+ GB space to spare or for someone who doesnt want all of the sounds that it contains and maybe would just like 1 instrument.

Playing with the free version gives one an inkling of an idea whats possible, but for those who have the full version & who have had time to go through a good amount of the included sounds... which of the 17 instruments seems to be standout?

Personally, Im looking for an all rounder... something that get some deep sub bass, creamy pads & scorching leads. I understand you can acheive those with the included FX, but Im asking based on the presets available for Syntronik.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

i believe the free version has limited amount of samples taken from all instruments, so you can try those and make up your mind based on that. since i got the whole thing i don't really care which sample came from which synth, so i can't tell you which of the ones i liked were from where.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

My first impression, based on the free version, would be the Moog, Oberheim, and the Andromeda.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

All the premium content sounds fatter. I guess the additional layers cut from the free versions do make a difference. I've been bouncing around libraries and it's really up to the kind of sound you want. Look into the original synths and get one that does the particular sound you are after best. They are all useful though.

Thanks. I didnt know how much different the free version was from the regular version. So if the regular version has better samples now Im really kickin myself for not getting in on that pre release deal.

Anyways... it looks like Ill have tp base my secision off purely what I know of what can be accomplished with the real synths.

My 1st mind would be tp go with the Andromeda... mostly because that is really an untapped beauty. But from the demos & the free version it just sounds super basic. However, that is the largest library sizewise.

The crossgrade is still available for $99 in the IK Custom Shop. If you already have another IK product valued over $99, you can qualify.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Oh nice. Didnt see that. I have a gang of IK products, so its nice to be able to still get this for such a low price.

Lol now if I can figure out how to make room.

EDIT: On the website, I font see am offer for $99... $199 though, if you own other IK products however

The SEM, Galaxy(Andromeda), and Blau fulfill my round Gameboy-ish sounds. oh and add the Noir to that pile.

Did IK make Multi presets with the full version?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:Did IK make Multi presets with the full version?
Sadly no..there is a lot to be done with it. It's not easy to transfer sounds, you need the individual instruments + the multi.

thanks for the reply! I'll just hold off buying until//
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

spacekid wrote:
Sadly no..there is a lot to be done with it. It's not easy to transfer sounds, you need the individual instruments + the multi.
Are you sure ? I've been creating a lot of Layer Patches with custom Instruments and haven't been saving the individual instruments (unless I want to use them again). All the Layer Patches reload and play just fine...

From the manual:

"As you browse and load Layers, you can also save the modifications applied to them.
The saved Layer file stores:
•Arpeggiator status for each part
• Effect Status for each part
•The currently Selected Part
•Individual Part settings for the loaded Instrument, Key Range and Velocity Range"

Anyway to answer the question I like the SY-99 and Andromeda modules. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Are you sure ? I've been creating a lot of Layer Patches with custom Instruments and haven't been saving the individual instruments (unless I want to use them again). All the Layer Patches reload and play just fine...

From the manual:

"As you browse and load Layers, you can also save the modifications applied to them.
The saved Layer file stores:
•Arpeggiator status for each part
• Effect Status for each part
•The currently Selected Part
•Individual Part settings for the loaded Instrument, Key Range and Velocity Range"

Anyway to answer the question I like the SY-99 and Andromeda modules. :)
I tried putting up a multi patch for everyone and it came back with a message saying that it was missing instrument files..they were from the demo, so I'm pretty sure they are tied together. We could test by altering an instrument patch that is part of a multi and seeing if it changes.

spacekid wrote:We could test by altering an instrument patch that is part of a multi and seeing if it changes.
Yes that would work as a test. I've shut the studio down for today but I'll test it first thing tomorrow as well.

That would suck if we do have to save each part or if when you save a Layer Patch it modifies all the Instrument patches overwriting factory patches or previously saved patches :?

I've got almost 40 Layer Patches so better to catch this now so I can fix them if needed. I planned on sharing some patches for both layers and instruments. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote:We could test by altering an instrument patch that is part of a multi and seeing if it changes.
Yes that would work as a test. I've shut the studio down for today but I'll test it first thing tomorrow as well.

That would suck if we do have to save each part or if when you save a Layer Patch it modifies all the Instrument patches overwriting factory patches or previously saved patches :?

I've got almost 40 Layer Patches so better to catch this now so I can fix them if needed. I planned on sharing some patches for both layers and instruments. :)
I'll let you run that test. Be aware that when you make multis in sampletank, they can get mixed into the same folder as Synthronik..they will crash syntronik when you try to load them. In Sampletank you will have a Syntronik multi folder. Don't save to that folder from Sampletank and they will stay separate. Sampletank can load them all, it's just that syntronik can't do sampletank.

Return to “Instruments”