Thanks a lot u-he

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[quote="acousticglue"Good software poor marketing and delivery of actual software.[/quote]

Weeee look.. We have a guy here which values marketing better then software itself. In a sound generation industry :idiot:

Someone need a therapy here.

Say what????????????????

Um yeah, um. Sure, um, hun?

acousticglue wrote:And that new UHe zebra that has been ballyhooed for years kicks butt. They are the slowest marbles on the table. Won't buy anything from them again
Quite a few products have been launched by U-He since Zebra three was announced (pretty late at night and without too much thought as to the consequences of promising most people a 'free' copy)....
It never was going to be high on the agenda...Urs has a family to feed plus employees and bills to pay...

I expect that Urs had an 'Oh Crap, what have I promised?' moment the very next day...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

iirc some explanation from urs was that he wanted to try a buncha new stuff and figured it'd be better to make new products out of it than throw it in tiny zebra updates that'd be a pain to make and maintain. Zebra 3 is gonna be the results of experience dealing with all that new tech.

Gotta wonder what's so f*ckin wrong with zebra 2 to get anyone pissed that 3 isn't here yet? I mean wtf it works fine...

Armagibbon wrote: Gotta wonder what's so f*ckin wrong with zebra 2 to get anyone pissed that 3 isn't here yet? I mean wtf it works fine...
Nothing wrong it's still the best.
But there are 2 ~400 pages threads with improvement requests of different kinds. Plus it has so many elements that need to be changed / not on par with competition including UI ones so it might makes no sense to continue Z2 dev... altho Urs has promiced Z2.8 before Z3.
Last edited by david.beholder on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

The thing I always understood about Zebra 3 is its a long time off and after the other stuff and it's cheaper to get Zebra 3 if you buy and live with Zebra 2 first. They never said when it would be finished it's a huge project due to Zebra having soo much to update. Zebra 2 is already at the top nothing to moan about.

Urs has said Zebra 2 will continue to be updated due to presets not being compatible with Zebra 3 this is due to Zebra 3 getting new type of splines to draw oscillator wave forms and the ability to draw envelopes.

Next Zebra 2 update is version 2.8 which will add a GUI makeover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di0jFN3gHXY

I don't hate Zebra but they shouldn't have made a public buy this and get upgrade for $35 when is ready and two years later still talking about updates to version2. Most software makers will either promise you within a time to be completed and may or may not extend that time. But the offer should have been stamped as not a high priority. I use many plugins and pay for them. I dislike lying and thieves. There is neither here yet but sniffs of no. 1. I understand people make money but there are other developers who release items for nothing. There is no discount on Zebra unless second hand. Scorpions said don't make no promises your body can't keep. Call names like 2 yr. Olds if you like, act like its just another wimpy crybaby all you like. I stated I not anyone else would be sucked in again by claims from U-he. Now you can breathe freely

Wait, you dare question the KVR god that is Urs Heckmann ?
Duh

I don't think Armagibbon knows what lying is.

I think they kinda had to promise something once the word was out that z3 was being worked on. To stop potential byers of z2 from worrying about the upgrade price and instead waiting for z3.

Theres a bit of a similar thing with Synplant 2, they said it was being worked on a long time ago, still not done, and they also said the upgrade price for 1 owners will be fair.

Im not gonna waste too much breath on trolls though. It easy to underestimate how much work that goes into these projects and the makers also want to make sure the leap between 1-2 is big enough to justify the new product in the first place. Also, consider that some of these makers are not out for a quick buck, they want the long tail, meaning the more "timeless" the product is, the better. Final point on z2, like someone said, if its good enough for Hans Zimmer..

Jax Pok wrote:I don't think Armagibbon knows what lying is.
Plenty I don't know man. Like why people gotta be all serious on the internet...

Armagibbon wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:I don't think Armagibbon knows what lying is.
Plenty I don't know man. Like why people gotta be all serious on the internet...
The internet was never made see the Alex Jones video proving that the shadows on the internet are faked.

acousticglue wrote:I know UHe doesn't care so they can take their stupid sales ploys and take them elsewhere. Good software poor marketing and delivery of actual software. This was 2 years ago Emtear the Magnificent
Urs has been very public with descriptions of how complex business decisions
and strategies are made, in relationship to their own increases in knowledge,
their other products, competing products, and even some old-fashioned luck.

How could they have 'sales ploys', when they don't even hold special sales?
They've had a coupon for survey-data deal, a couple of pre-release discounts,
and thee old dinosaur-hardware discount, but not sales, as the market defines them.

He also cared enough to allow creating linux ports of the whole product line,
nobody was promising him fame and riches, for the venture, but it is
appreciated more and more, as people become aware of potentials.

If you're smart enough to own Zebra, you're smart enough to know
when you're wasting time. Better to audition some Zebra sounds,
and create something memorable.
Cheers

Return to “Effects”