Fragile Gods - "Doppelganger"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool track that doesn't lack decent sounddesign. Very much 80s. I enjoyed listening to this tune. :-)
Greetings
NR

Hi Frantz,
Yes, I'd spotted the instrumental section at 3:10...agreed, it does provide a break from the dominant vocals. I think I was hearing in my head a quirky, slightly disturbing Wakeman-esque sweeping synth solo...might well be too much in this situation, but I have a mild addiction to the idea of putting sweeping synth solos into music of all genres....therapy's just not working! :0)

Off to record a meandering, bluesy moog ad-lib over Satie's Gymnopedie...should fit nicely! :0)

htcnext2 wrote:Cool track that doesn't lack decent sounddesign. Very much 80s. I enjoyed listening to this tune. :-)
Thanks for checking this out and commenting. :)

Yes, I am Mr. 80s. When I am not making music, I am working on my Donkey Kong high score. :D

ChamMusic wrote: Yes, I'd spotted the instrumental section at 3:10...agreed, it does provide a break from the dominant vocals. I think I was hearing in my head a quirky, slightly disturbing Wakeman-esque sweeping synth solo...might well be too much in this situation, but I have a mild addiction to the idea of putting sweeping synth solos into music of all genres....therapy's just not working! :0)
Well, there will be a synth solo in my next song although my keyboard skills are too rudimentary to do anything Wakemen-esque. For this song, I decided to try to create an animated music video which is turning out to be a very time consuming, learning process. :-o

Thanks for clarifying and sorry for the delayed response.

Good track, Frantz. Definitely some 80s influences here, and I felt like there was some 90s-era NIN influence as well, although this track was a bit more restrained than a lot of Reznor stuff from that period. Really good work with the vocal manipulations - it adds a whole layer of complexity to the proceedings. Thanks for sharing!

davidstiles wrote:Good track, Frantz. Definitely some 80s influences here, and I felt like there was some 90s-era NIN influence as well, although this track was a bit more restrained than a lot of Reznor stuff from that period. Really good work with the vocal manipulations - it adds a whole layer of complexity to the proceedings. Thanks for sharing!
I plead guilty as charged to the 80s influences. I am not very familiar 90s-era NIN but I share the same "industrial" influences that Reznor does so that may be what you are hearing. Glad you liked the vox effects. Thanks for commenting David. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”