Currently, the most realistic Fender Twin amp sim?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another vote for Amplitube.

sellyoursoul wrote:But some people don't seem to be able to listen to sound characteristics aside from playing. If they can't hear that sims sound hard clipped, I guess ignorance is bliss. But then it becomes pointless trying to discuss sound with these people (jens for example) because they haven't developed their ears on the characteristics of amp tone.
Oh, please. All sims 'sound hard clipped'? No. The sound of hard, if you mean digital, clipping is pretty distinct and to get that out of an amp sim it will pretty much have to be that literally. And no. Amplitube, I deliberately push {clip} the hell out of (mainly the Marshall sims in Jimi Hendrix) because they soft clip, and I get a whole host of authentic responses from it. I'm no fan of their business practices but the modeling is brilliant.

The arrogance of that, everyone that doesn't believe exactly what you do (which just seems ill-considered, daft really) is ignorant and hasn't developed their ears per amp tone. :lol:

Honestly, she is so out of touch with reality and is completely insane. Even "you know who" moderator had them on their ignore list.

if you're talking about me you're wrong...I have made it clear since the day the diy forum started that because I could not be muted I would not be muted...there is not now nor has there been anyone on my mute list since long before that.

FWIW, this post of yours adds nothing to the conversation, is off topic and out of line. Stick to the topic, leave people out of it including me.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

jancivil wrote:
sellyoursoul wrote:But some people don't seem to be able to listen to sound characteristics aside from playing. If they can't hear that sims sound hard clipped, I guess ignorance is bliss. But then it becomes pointless trying to discuss sound with these people (jens for example) because they haven't developed their ears on the characteristics of amp tone.
Oh, please. All sims 'sound hard clipped'? No. The sound of hard, if you mean digital, clipping is pretty distinct and to get that out of an amp sim it will pretty much have to be that literally. And no. Amplitube, I deliberately push {clip} the hell out of (mainly the Marshall sims in Jimi Hendrix) because they soft clip, and I get a whole host of authentic responses from it. I'm no fan of their business practices but the modeling is brilliant.

The arrogance of that, everyone that doesn't believe exactly what you do (which just seems ill-considered, daft really) is ignorant and hasn't developed their ears per amp tone. :lol:
I really, really, really prefer tube amps over sims but I agree with you that those who think sims sound bad are mistaken. I have not plugged into a sim or either of my Line 6 devices (except to use the pedals in my xt pro to drive an amp) in over 5 years, I do use sims in my mix though, especially VANDAL on bass.

While this doesn't hold true with line 6 products I still do not care for the small latency in sims so I dont derive a lot of joy playing through them. Also my rig is set up so I can monitor through my hardware lexicon for fx without recording them to the same track and I personally like the patch I have in that for performing over all others. (I do record the returns to a separate track)

When it comes time for mixing if a sim sounds better I would go with it (I also always record a dry track direct from my guitar and the line out on the amps that have it to use with speaker ir's), sims have come along way. What is important to me is the best playing environment for me because I love to play and then equally important once the track is laid down is the best fit in the mix (not my best skill)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

hibidy wrote: Honestly, she is so out of touch with reality and is completely insane.
Well, one can always check my tone in my tracks to see if I'm getting a hard clip with that product.

or, hey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PcUWvBtYA
8)

also cf Outbreak|Break-In|Inside where the 'Marshall' rattles just like reality

"Honestly"... yeah, not so much.

the first time I recorded guitar into a DAW, in Cubase I had a Line 6 box. I wasn't really that convinced with anything in it. Then I used Guitar Rig (1, before there were numbers appended to the name) and the Fender Twin in it. For a rhythm guitar track, very clean, a little trebly. it worked for me. I'm sure no one woulda heard it and said 'f**k that, it's totally amp sim'.

I haven't really gone for their pushed kind of heavier tone sims, not for lead guitar. I do use that product for an FX send for other instruments and sometimes that involves an amplifier, even.

this was the Fender Twin from Amplitube 2 days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37NJX_E186Y
not so clean but...

my sound yrs ago was an SG thru a Fender Twin. that's what I wound up with, not ideologically

Return to “Effects”