Trying out reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JerGoertz wrote:A couple others are the RC24 and 48 (names?) from NI, coded by Softube. I got them with Komplete and didn't think much of them until slapping one on some percussion. Sounded good. Although my opinion is probably worth f**k-all when it comes to such matters. :D
They're very good recreations of some of the algorithms in the Lexicon 224 and 480, I don't know why I don't read more comments like this.

...still nothing beats B2 (yeah, for me at least).
:D

incubus wrote:refektor is native now?

It was part of GUITAR RIG at one point. Anyways, that was kinda "eh, ok" back in the day. YMMV.
No, its not's native. Its still part of Guitar Rig.

Its a convolution plug and for the most part (excluding signal path, multi-channels, and on-board fx) when buying a convolution reverb and are comparing, you are comparing the libraries.

***If you like Reflektor, then the same sound can be had by purchasing Retroverb 3.1 by Morevox and then using your favorite convolution reverb. There's actually some nice IRs in the collection.

Reflektor via Guitar Rig has always been a bit CPU intensive compared to running a native plugin, but Guitar Rig itself is a lovely tool so Reflektor (IMO) is simply a nice bonus. The IRs (Retroverb) are in a proprietary (grir) format.

Man... atomic never gets any love. It's my fav and like nobody uses it what gives? My shit taste scarin peeps away? hahah

reverberate 2 winning if was on sale would be bought

acousticglue wrote:reverberate 2 winning if was on sale would be bought
Take a look at Fog Convolver too: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/fog-convolver/

I own both, but use Fog Convolver over Reverberate 2 because the UI size is too small for my resolution and I find the plugin convoluted for simple tasks, plus I like the browser for IR libraries better in Fog Convolver. All my complaints were posted a long time ago now in a Reverberate 2 thread, but different strokes for different folks, especially when it comes to reverb and workflow.

Fog Convolver does come with 250 IRs, but if I didn't already have a number of IRs then it wouldn't be enough. But for straight up convolution needs, this does this trick most of the time.

I went through and tested a bunch of reverbs not that long ago and the one that really blew me away was the Brainworx BX_Rooms - The sounds is superb and better than than most of the top ones. At least in my opinion. Definitely check it out!

wish better preset browser too on Reverberate2. I like the two IR and splitting w delay as well.

elxsound wrote:
incubus wrote:refektor is native now?

It was part of GUITAR RIG at one point. Anyways, that was kinda "eh, ok" back in the day. YMMV.
No, its not's native. Its still part of Guitar Rig.

Its a convolution plug and for the most part (excluding signal path, multi-channels, and on-board fx) when buying a convolution reverb and are comparing, you are comparing the libraries.

***If you like Reflektor, then the same sound can be had by purchasing Retroverb 3.1 by Morevox and then using your favorite convolution reverb. There's actually some nice IRs in the collection.

Reflektor via Guitar Rig has always been a bit CPU intensive compared to running a native plugin, but Guitar Rig itself is a lovely tool so Reflektor (IMO) is simply a nice bonus. The IRs (Retroverb) are in a proprietary (grir) format.
Yeah, that's a drag it wasn't set free (please check old, VERY old NI threads)

Frankly, I find each and every "convo" verb to be different, which is why I don't like them. I'd think that the IR should be the shining star. Sadly (and I can give you many examples) it's not that way.

I have no clue why, but I can hear it, BIG TIME. So I stay clear now. Bx-room is really terrific, as is pro-r, as is the softube stuff (NI included) as is Valhalla, as is, virtually everything. I just found eventually that IR'S is too complex for me. Sad too.

Couldn't wait for sale and bought Reverberate 2 from Liquidsonics. Might still buy Waves HVerb

On my desert island with FabFilter Pro-R, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, and a few Valhalla's.

try Eareckon's Eareverb2.

Exponential Audio has to be demoed the're special.

plexuss wrote:This might be of use:
PSP 2445
Yeah, it sounds really good.
May be not versatile enough for what the OP's looking for.
Exponential Audio (already mentioned) would definitely fill the bill but are iLok dongle mandatory.

Return to “Effects”