Another wild tape plugin appeared! (Hornet Tape)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You have the same ikea lamp as me!

sjm wrote:You have the same ikea lamp as me!
Ahahahah I think those Ikea lamps are everywhere :)

Why no wow and flutter dial?

simmo75 wrote:Why no wow and flutter dial?
Simply because on professional 2inch 24 tracks decks (those simulated by Tape) wow and flutter are nearly non existing and the code needed to create small pitch variations it's much more demanding in terms of CPU than the effect it has no the sound.

Now if we talk about 1/2 inch 2 track machines wow and flutter have a much more significant effect so it's worth modelling.

Saverio

nice tape simulation for 20 euro.
although the distortion is different from the real one, it's still useful to add subtle character.
considering buying at next sale.

HoRNet Tape (Japanese) Amen Break Distortion Test
https://clyp.it/kbhx1yab?token=e0ba4699 ... 2617e9b7f1

For comparison, I'm uploading real tape saturation (rough) test
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... break+tape
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Yudaidhun wrote:nice tape simulation for 20 euro.
although the distortion is different from the real one, it's still useful to add subtle character.
considering buying at next sale.

HoRNet Tape (Japanese) Amen Break Distortion Test
https://clyp.it/kbhx1yab?token=e0ba4699 ... 2617e9b7f1

For comparison, I'm uploading real tape saturation (rough) test
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... break+tape
Thank you :)
Just to clarify, the distortion model of Tape is a generic magnetic tape simulation, the desk selection allows you to add the color (frequency response) of some famous 2inch 24 tracks desks (the Japanese you used is based on the Otari MX80)

Saverio

Hornet Tape is 40% off for the next 48 hours.

Good video :tu:

It was interesting to hear everything, made it interesting.

It was like the antiverse of advertising and this is what made it such a listenable story.

Well done.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

It's refreshing to see a tape emulation without spinning reels. :tu: ToneBoosters ReelTape is also one of these and it's one of the best. Not using additional CPU for stupid gimmicks.

We're supposed to be using our ears anyway. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Shit, i got a good idea. Why not record onto an actual tape machine then back onto hd.

Kinh wrote:Shit, i got a good idea. Why not record onto an actual tape machine then back onto hd.
Why stop there? Why not get rid of your DAW and buy back all studio hardware? Produce the old fashioned way. Oh yeah, costs and space right? Not to mention maintenance. Power useage. Tape.

Good thing we can do it all in the box now. And Tape plugins like this are icing on the cake. :phones:

zeep wrote:
Kinh wrote:Shit, i got a good idea. Why not record onto an actual tape machine then back onto hd.
Why stop there? Why not get rid of your DAW and buy back all studio hardware? Produce the old fashioned way. Oh yeah, costs and space right? Not to mention maintenance. Power useage. Tape.

Good thing we can do it all in the box now. And Tape plugins like this are icing on the cake. :phones:
Can't really do that except when you're Dave Grohl.

Shit, I got a good idea. Why not leave this thread and this board right away and exchange messages with your buddies on small paper notes instead - oh, and get a book about carrier pidgeons while you're at it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

zeep wrote:

Dont need to get rid of DAW and buy studio hardware just bounce the master down to a tape then back again. Simple. Shit, you can pick up a studio grade machine for under 200 on ebay, you can still by tape reels too

waiting for my tapes to arrive in the mail is just not the kind of latency I can deal with.
this one has zero samples, and never runs out :love:

Return to “Effects”