Another wild tape plugin appeared! (Hornet Tape)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zeep wrote:
Kinh wrote:Shit, i got a good idea. Why not record onto an actual tape machine then back onto hd.
Why stop there? Why not get rid of your DAW and buy back all studio hardware? Produce the old fashioned way. Oh yeah, costs and space right? Not to mention maintenance. Power useage. Tape.

Good thing we can do it all in the box now. And Tape plugins like this are icing on the cake. :phones:
Agreed.
Although recording to actual tape kicks ass. it's just not always practical.

Bought on sale. Really nice. Not as easy as ReelBus to do damage to your mix.. it's more a subtle enhancer (dare I say mastering) style.. just thickens things nicely a little. Can see this on lots of snares, drum buses and master buses.

PSA: Becareful when updating this plugin. I just updated and noticed it did something funky with the input/output linking (it was unlinked before but now it's linked and the input is -5db, not 0db). Maybe note down your settings before updating - and keep the previous version handy if you need to refer to it.

But anyway.. the update gives you full control of hiss level, which was a much-requested feature. Thanks Saverio!

A really nice plugin indeed. Captures that feeling of adding some pleasant tape saturation into the mix really well. Low cpu usage. For a bargain price! It's Saverio's best plugin so far imho. :tu:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

HoRNet Tape 1.2.0 is available, this update is free for owners of the plugin and includes:

Added Apple M1 support
Fixed crash on Garage Band
Improved mono track performance
Fixed plugin GUI not scaling in hi dpi monitors on Windows
Removed 32bit support
Upped minimum requirements to macOS 10.11 on mac

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-tape/

Return to “Effects”